Part 13

Edd sleeps comfortably for a few hours but begins to have a nightmare. He dreams of hiding in the basement, security locks creaking before giving way and granting Charles access to him. He screams as he watches Kevin fall before his father before large hands grip Edd's shoulders tightly. Edd kicks his feet in a struggle to release himself from the towering man.

Kevin wakes up to Edd whimpering and light crying. He gets up and sits on the edge of the bed, grasping Edd's shoulders and shaking him gently. "Edd... Babe, wake up... Open your eyes..."

"...no, I love him..." Edd whimpers, crying in his sleep. "Don't touch him!"

"Shhh... I'm right here, Edd. Wake up!!" Kevin gave a harder shake and talked as loud as he could without waking his mother.

Edd shoots straight up and looks around the room. "Kevin?" he asks with a tear streaked face and a quivering lip.

"Yeah, it's me. We're safe, he can't get us here" he nods and wipes a

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" he sniffs.

"I'm the reason you were having that nightmare. Reliving yesterday?" Kevin scowled.

"Something like that... But it wasn't your fault. I'll never blame you for that, Love."

"But it is my fault that he came after you, so I'm sorry. Do you need anything?"

"You

"Just you" Edd says without hesitation. "Will you sleep me tonight?"

"You never have to ask me for that" Kevin got them both under the covers and laid down on his back, pulling Edd close to rest on his head on his chest. Edd snuggled in and quickly dozed back to sleep.

*@*

Kevin wakes up the next morning with Edd curled next to him. Looking at the clock on the nightstand, it reads 6:04am. He hugs Edd close, kissing his forehead and whispering "I love you" sweetly.

Edd stirs a little and smiles in sleep. "Mh... Kevin..." he mumbles.

"We gotta get up soon so we can get showered. You wanna get up?"

Edd nods a little but doesn't move. "You first" he grumbles, slipping into a light doze. Kevin smiled and lifted his chin, kissing him lightly before getting up and getting ready. About 30 minutes passed and Kevin walked back into their bedroom and find Edd curled back into a ball, fast asleep. He decided to let him sleep and let his Mom get in the shower next.

Half hour later, Edd rolls over and notices the lack of a warm body next to him. He gets up and enters the living room with a little pout. Kevin pops some more pistachios in his mouth and looks to the opened bedroom door. "Hey, babe. Morning" he chirped happily from his spot on the couch. Edd maintains the pout as he shuffles to the couch and plops down next to Kevin, placing his head in the ginger's lap and curling into an Edd ball.

"What's the matter, babe?"

"Missed you" he mumbles "Sleepy."

"I'm right here, I'm not leaving you. I wouldn't think about it. You make me too happy. Why don't you get in the shower? It should help you feel better."

Edd gives a tired sigh before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Will you do something for me later?"

"Sure, what do you need me to do?"

"Not now, later. It's something only you can do and I don't want your Mom to see." Edd smiles and sets off to find a change of clothes and takes a hot shower. He returns half an hour later with a soft smile on his face, looking and feeling much better than the previous day. Edd flops on the couch next to a still stunned Kevin and kisses his cheek. "When are we getting breakfast?"