Part 17

Miriam hums a lullaby under her breath while she prepares dinner and dessert. She was contemplating what her husband was talking about during his lunch hour today about getting a better security system. She was to talk to Kathleen and see about getting some better security detail for her own home as well. She looks up and glances out the back widow, seeing the police car drive slowly down the back alleyway and with a sigh, continues to cook. She finally finishes cooking and goes upstairs to find her son. "Eddward?" she walks up to his door and finds both teens curled up together, the redhead met her gaze from the bed. "Kevin sweetie, dinner is ready but you needn't trouble yourself with waking Eddward up. He gets a little cranky when he's woken from a mid-day nap" She chuckles and gives the ginger a little smile before turning to head back downstairs to wait for her husband.

Kevin gently kisses his forehead and sliding out from under him. "Edd... Baby..."

Edd frowns and grumbles in his sleep "Nyo..."

"You don't want dinner?" Kevin rubbed his back.

"I want you..." Edd whimpers as he wraps his arms around Kevin's waist.

"And you have no idea how much I wanna pound you into the mattress but your parents are home and I'm hungry and your Mom made my favorite meal! Come on!" Kevin slapped Edd's ass lightly and got up.

Edd's eyes shoot open and he gives a little "eep" before falling off the bed in an attempt to scoot away from his boyfriend. "K-Kevin!"

"What?! You okay?"

Edd groans and climbs to his feet. "That was highly unnecessary sir!" he pouts.

"I'm sorry, baby... You have a nice butt. I can't help it" Kevin smirks, happy to get back to how they were before all this shit with his father started.

"Please try to refrain from doing such things with the door open, Kevin" Edd says with a yawn.

"You said you wanted me..." Kevin pouted.

"Not like that!" Edd retorts.

"Awe..." Kevin followed Edd solemnly downstairs but his mood quickly changing when they got to the kitchen, seeing the huge Italian roll on the counter, stacked with the different meats and cheeses. Kevin was surely in love all over again.

"Hello Eddward! Did you have a nice nap?" Miriam coos.

"It was going very well until I was awoken" he mumbles with a bit of bitterness. "I'm going to go wash my hands and prepare for dinner" he says before walking away.

Miriam chuckles and turns to Kevin. "See? I told you he gets a bit grumpy."

"He told me to wake him for dinner, I was doing as I was asked!" Kevin laughed.

"I know. He's always been like that. You would think he'd grow out of it but I guess he never became used to being woken up. Maybe that's one of the permanent punishments we get for leaving him alone for so long" she muses.

Miriam cut Kevin a large piece, with chips and water and by the time he sat down, Edd was right behind him. "Hey, D" Kevin gave a little smile to the irritated raven, finding the entire situation humourous.

"Salutations Kevin, Mother" he says shortly. "Is father home?"

"No honey, he's working late tonight. He wanted us to go ahead and eat without him."

Edd sits down and sighs. "No surprise..." he mutters under his breath.

"At least one of us is here. I do have some appointments with some long time clients tomorrow late afternoon though, but I believe your father will be here and Kathleen will have off tomorrow since she is working a double today" Miriam explained. Edd nods and eyes Kevin's food before stealing a few chips off his plate then sticks tongue out.