Part 7

"Do you feel ready for this test Kevin?" Edd asks cheerily a week later. They were getting their supplies together for the last class of the day at Edd's locker. Kevin tossed his math book next to Edd's on the bottom of the locker with a loud thump.

"If I say 'no' will your feelings be hurt?" Kevin asked as he grabbed Edd's hand to walk to class.

"Only slightly" Edd chuckles. "Don't worry about it, you'll pass with flying colors. Just relax and take your time. Don't forget you have a four-course dinner waiting for you!"

Kevin smiles. "Thanks Babe" he grins and sweetly kisses Edd before turning and sitting right in his desk. Soon he was staring his test. Of course, Edd was the first to finish and left to wait in the hallway for him. He was about 3/4 the way done and he felt that he knew what he was answering most of the time. Edd stands in the hallway and quietly peeks through the window. He catches Kevin's glance and gives him a thumbs up for encouragement. Seeing Edd's bought of confidence in him, he smiled and buckled down and finished the rest of the test. He went up and the teacher put his test through the scantron... The teacher showed him his score and his face fell. So close... He walked out of the room to meet with Edd.

Edd instantly notices the frown and grabs his hand as soon as he's out of the door. "What'd you make Love?" he asks worriedly.

Kevin groans. "99... Got one wrong and I bet I know what question it was. I knew there was a 50/50 shot. Guess I was wrong" Kevin sighed "Oh well, next time, right?"

"Next time indeed. I'm sure I can put everything in the freezer and it'll keep until the next test" Edd says sternly.

"Awww, damn... Well, can I get a kiss as a consolation prize?" Kevin pouted.

"Nope!" Edd says with a cheeky grin as he turns and pulls Kevin towards the parking lot.

"Where we going?"

"Let's go to the park. It's a really nice day today."

"Alright" Kevin smiles and follows his genius out of the building. It was the first time in a few weeks that he had a Friday night off practice and no game to attend so he was grateful for the small break. They arrive at the park and Edd tries to stifle his excitement as he tugs Kevin to the lake. "What are we doing out here, Edd?"

Edd can't hide his grin any longer. "Celebrating your good grade!" he says pointing to a picnic blanket adorned with food. "Congratulations, Kevin!" Edd cheers as he brings Kevin in for a quick kiss. It took Kevin a minute to realize what is going on before everything caught up to him. After their kiss, he held Edd close by his waist and hugged him. "Thanks, babe!"

"You're welcome, Love! I'm proud of you! Even if it wasn't a perfect score, you still made higher than most of the class!" Edd grins and hugs him back. "You even scored higher than me!"

"I don't believe that!" Kevin laughed and kissed him.

"It's true! I made a 96 on it. Maybe I should have you tutor me instead!" he giggles.

"You'll fail" a chuckle. "We'll both fail!" Kevin laughs loudly.

"No we won't, you're actually really smart Kevin!" Edd leans forward and places an innocent kiss on Kevin's cheek before pulling him to sit down on the blanket. "Ready to eat? It's four courses, just like I promised!"

"Yes, you are amazing, babe!" Kevin sitting closer to Edd, cuddling close.

"No I'm not. I'm nothing special" Edd says with a blush. He reaches for a container and places it in Kevin's lap as he lays his head on his shoulder. "First course: Handmade meatballs in a sweet chili glaze." Kevin popped a meatball in his mouth and moaned as flavor and spice exploded in his mouth. "I'm so glad I'm dating you."