Part 19

"So what are we planning to do? Because I'll be damned if that bastard lays a finger on my child!" a red faced Michael growls from his spot in the Barr's living room.

"Calm down Michael!"

"Calm down?! He's got a GUN! He's trying to KILL the kids! How do you expect me to calm down?!"

"I know but..." Miriam whispers, completely at a loss with the situation and wracking her brain to find some sort of solution.

"The sooner we capture him the better but I don't know how to do that. First priority is keeping the kids safe, I think we can all agree to that" Kathleen states.

"Yes!" Michael and Miriam say in unison. "But how do we plan on going about that? Even with police escorts they're still in danger!" Michael starts to pace.

"Relocating?" Thomas suggested. "I know it's a lot but it would be worth it to protect them."

"Relocate? Where would we go? And What would Kevin do about his scholarships?" Edd asks with tears in his eyes. His scholarship are purely academic and would easily transfer, Kevin would need to play to continue to be eligible.

"His scholarships would stay intact since this is extenuating circumstances, don't worry about that" Kathleen assured him.

"What about school, Ma?" Kevin asked.

"I'm pulling you out. You can get your degree online and then go to school... Out of state, far out of state!"

"Online? We can't go to school online! That'll reflect poorly on our portfolios! How will Kevin be able to play football if we're enrolled online? How will I be able to participate in my club activities? What about our friends?" Edd says, finally letting the tears fall. "This is a terrible idea!"

"You have another idea? Whatever we do it has to be done fast, he needs to believe that nothing is going on" Thomas snips from his place in the kitchen doorway, arms crossed stiffly across his chest.

"Can't we transfer schools? That way we can still have our extracurriculars?" Edd pleads.

"It would have to be somewhere out of this area..." Kathleen explained "Edd, sweetheart, you may not have to. This is our issue, we don't want to bring you down with us."

"No. This is my issue as well. I refuse to stand by and hear about my boyfriend on the news because I didn't go with him" Edd says firmly, still firmly clinging to Kevin's hand and arm. Kevin gripped Edd's hand tighter and kisses the back of it with a relieved sigh, grateful that he wouldn't have to do this alone.

"What do you suggest we do? Split up into different states?" Michael asks.

"No! You can't split us up! Please!" Edd begs.

"What if we send them away together?" Miriam suggests.

Edd squeezes Kevin's hand and refuses to let go. "But alone?" Edd whispers.

Miriam turns to the other adults. "Would it be safe to leave them alone? They are still children after all..."

"I'll send Eddward to Iceland if it means he is safe from that psycho" Michael growls, looking up information about transferring to a different hospital.

An idea blossomed in Thomas' head. Turning to the teens, he asked "You guys don't mind flying, do you?"

"No, why?" Kevin asked with a cocked brow.

Edd looks at the officer and cocks his head "Are you suggesting flying to a different state?"

"Yes, but it wouldn't be for a long period of time. Christmas break is coming up soon. The families can get out of town for the time being, I'll watch the dogs and hopefully we will catch him. Gotta go out of the country though so he can't drive to get to you. Italy, Rome, Greece, France, Paris... It would do everyone to get out of here for two weeks!" Thomas suggested.