Part 22

A never-ending hour passes before a swollen eyed Edd slowly trudges upstairs to his bedroom. He flops down on the other side of Shira with a heavy sigh. He looks up at Kevin and gently touches his face. "Are you asleep?"

Kevin sniffs "No."

Edd moves Shira to the other side of himself and scoots closer to Kevin. "You're crying..."

"I'm hurt, pissed off, and fed up... instead of getting into a fight, this is my other option."

Edd sighs and pulls Kevin into a hug. "I'm sorry Kevin. I'm just... everything is coming at me at once. I was wrong. Please forgive me?"

"Everything is coming at me too... I need help, I need support. I need you to be strong for me so I can be strong for you. I also need you to trust me, even if things seem like they are a certain way, just ask me. Do you trust me?"

"Yes..." Edd says softly. "I'm sorry for hurting you" he whispers with a tear falling down his red cheeks.

"I'm sorry for being secretive" Kevin cupped Edd's red cheeks, wiping the fallen tear away with his fingers before bringing him in for a sweet kiss. "I just wanna be like how we were in our first few weeks together..."

"I want nothing more than that, trust me, I do. However, it seems it won't happen for a while" Edd sighs before snuggling under Kevin's chin.

"Not until my father is in jail or dead..."

"Kevin..." Edd says sadly, hearing the mix of emotions in Kevin's voice.

"What? It's a true statement."

"Or we move away?" Edd whispers.

"He would follow, babe. I would move away with you in a second but it won't help. Even transferring out, I don't really wanna leave Peach Creek. We grew up here... all our friends are here. We started here and I'm not going to let him take anyway anything else from me."

Edd nods sadly and sniffs. "I'm so tired of this Kevin... I can't handle hiding for much longer. It's driving me crazy. I can't even go for a walk without having to be escorted. I'm paranoid of everything and now it's affecting our relationship. Now you're telling me you want to handle this by yourself? He's not afraid to kill you, Kevin. What am I going to do if he does?"

"The plan isn't for me to die, babe... we got a lot of plans for our future after all! But he needs to be removed before we can do anything that we want to. I'm not going to go out and look him, but I do wanna be ready when, and if, he comes."

"I suppose I can't change your mind about anything" Edd sighs. "I love you, Kevin. I'm sorry for everything I did today. Can I make it up to you?" he asks with puppy dog eyes.

"When this is all over and done with, allow me to take you on the first of many, many romantic dates. And I wanna see you smile a real smile."

Edd grins and kisses Kevin's lips "Can we go to the planetarium?"

"Whatever you want... it's all for you. I'll even let you explain stuff to me and I'll listen to every word."

Edd giggles and snuggles underneath Kevin's chin again "Even all of the scientific names?"

"I'll try my best to keep up" he nods with a small chuckle, enjoying how such a simple thing makes Edd so happy.

"Can we even go to the iMax and the gift shop afterwards?" Edd asks with gleaming blue eyes.

"Rather take you to the iPic but we can. It's all for you, babe" Kevin grinned at his excited boyfriend, enjoying the small bit of normalcy.

Edd gasps and his eyes widen into the size of saucers. "Really?! You'd take me there?!"