8. Is That A Hickey?

*•*
Ryka's P.O.V
*•*

   Kaiden just bolted out of the room, so, being the amazing friend I am, I follow him to see who his mate is. I follow him to the backyard and just before I get there I hear him growl. The reason I know it is him is because only an Alpha can growl like that. I turn the corner and see four wolves trying to hide from Kaiden. There is a boy laying on the ground that must be Kaiden's mate. The wolves run away and I chase after them. I run slowly so they can't see me. They stop at a house I recognize as Beta Dakota's. I knock on the door after a few minutes of waiting. Beta Dakota's daughter Cynthia opens the door.

"Ryka, what are you doing here?" She asks.

"Well, I would like to ask you and your friends some questions." I answer.

"Okay, come on in." She walks in and I see three people sitting on the couch. Cynthia is a year older than me but she respects me. I recognize the three other kids as the sons of the Gamma, Delta, and Head of Border Patrol.

"Why aren't you all at the party? You all have high ranks, you are expected to be there." I ask.

"We just left early." Jack, Jacob the Head of Border Patrols son, asks.

   "Was there any reason to leave early?"

   "We just wanted to." Matthew, the son of Gamma Nathan, answers.

"I know when someone's lying. You better tell the truth."

"We are telling the truth."

"So you didn't beat up Harley."

"Who's Harley?" Delta Tony's son, Tyler, asks.

"The Omega that cooks your food and cleans your house."

"Then yeah, we beat him up. He's just a weakling, why should he live anyways? We were just helping him out, he wanted to kill himself anyways."

"Okay so you all admit to hurting Harley." They all say yeah. Cynthia knows what I am doing but she admits to hurting Harley. "That's all I needed to know." I walk out of the room and shift into my wolf. Scarlett starts yelling about how they hurt our Alpha and how she wants to find our mate. I just ignore her and run to the pack house. The doors are already open so I stay in wolf form. I quickly find Alpha Mark and shift back.

"Did you know Kaiden found his mate? He carried him in here and he looked hurt. Do you know how that happened?" He asks.

"Cynthia, Matthew, Tyler, and Jack hurt him." I answer.

"The nobles?"

"Yeah."

   "I'll call them in here. You go check on Kaiden and his mate." I nod and walk upstairs to Kaiden's room. I knock on the door and hear someone say come in. I open the door and see Harley laying on the bed and no Kaiden.

   "Where's Kaiden?" I ask.

   "Shower." He answers.

   "Are you okay? Your nose looks pretty bad. I can check it and you won't have to go to the pack doctor."

   "I'm fine Ryka." Harley is part of the group of Omega's that clean Alpha Manor. I have been trying to get Alpha Mark to not have Omega's but all the nobles have to agree on it and some don't.

"What's that on your neck? Is that a hickey? Ooh you and Kaiden must have been having some fun." I wink at him and his face turns crimson.

"We were not!"

"Yes we were, we could have more fun times if Ryka would leave." Kaiden says as he walks out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist. I smirk at Kaiden and Harley growls.

"Mine." Harley says as he gets up and blocks me from seeing Kaiden.

"I know, he's too ugly for me anyways." I walk out of the room and across the hall to my room.

   "Can you believe that Kaiden found his mate? I want our mate. Only one more year left though. He's going to be so hot." Scarlett links.

   "He's going to be amazing." I answer. I try to block Scarlett because she keeps rambling on and on about our mate but she forces the link to stay open. I fall asleep to the sound of my wolf talking of our dream mate.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

1/2/18
4/22/19