1. Time To Go

*•*
Ryka's POV
*•*

"Get up you big log! It's the last day of school!" Mother shouts. She rips the covers off as I whine from the cold. I squint my eyes against the light and look at the clock to see its 5 am.

"Mom, it's too early. I don't want to train today." She starts singing a stupid song and I cover my ears with my pillow.

"Time for school! Time for school! Get up it's time for school! Rise and shine it's time for school!"

"You're gonna wake up the whole house."

"You've got five minutes before I need you downstairs, hurry." She walks out as I begin getting ready. I pull on my training clothes and make my way downstairs. My hand finds an apple as I continue to the backyard.

"Finally, you took forever. Cmon, lets go." Father begins his run, I follow.

We run our set amount of miles, and perform a small workout, before ending our training for the morning. I trudge to my room to take a shower, and get ready for school. We have three schools in our pack: Lakeside Academy, a public school for everyone in our pack; Crested, a school for nobles; and Moonlight, a religion based private school. In all three of our schools, you have 10 grades, with pup-school starting around ages five to six. Generally you end school when you're 16, unless you start before, or after, the recommended age. My birthday falls after the first day of school so I started a year later than normal. But, I skipped two grades, so I could graduate with Kaid.

"Ryka, time to go!" Kaiden yells.

"Coming!" I grab my backpack, phone, and grow my shoes on before running downstairs. We walk out to Beta Dakota's truck, he drives us the few miles to Crested. We have to go to Crested, because that is the only school where we learn our positions in the pack. Our classes are: Knowledge of the Moon Goddess, Rankings, Alphas of the World, Pack Defense, Training, and Werewolf History. As soon as we step out of the truck, wolves surround us. Some claim to 'protect' us, fully knowing we have no use for them. Most of them are fawning over us, we're pretty popular. We fight through the crowd to our first class, Knowledge of the Moon Goddess.

*•*•*
A Few Hours Later
*•*•*

"To conclude this lecture, I'll let you all turn in your projects. I'll give you all the rest of the class to do whatever, it is the last day of school after all. Please keep the noise level down, speak in the mind link if you have to." Mrs. Johnson, our history teacher, instructs. She makes her way to her desk and plops into her chair. I turn to Kaiden and see he's already looking at me.

"I can't believe it's the last day of school. We won't ever have to do this again. That's so crazy."

"Yeah, I'm kinda gonna miss it. But I'm happy to start training full time." I train the younger warriors, since I'm already a seasoned warrior, and I can relate more to the younger ones than an adult could.

"I get to start my worldwide Alpha Training this year." Almost all upcoming Alphas travel to several packs around the world, when they come of age. This allows the young Alpha to learn customs and laws in other packs, it also helps to gain allies. This travel normally lasts about two months, sometimes three.

"Please, turn in your projects on the table to the left of the door." Mrs. Johnson interrupts.  We have been working on a family history project for a month. We had to use old technology and track 200 years of our family tree. I learned that I am descendant of the First Werewolf King, meaning I have more abilities than average wolves. Also, I come from a very long line of Pack Warriors, making me even stronger. I lay my poster on the stack, and walk back to my desk. The bell rings as I pick up my bag. The sea of wolves part as Kaiden and I make our way to the parking lot.

"Ready to go?" Beta Dakota asks as we stop outside his truck. We nod our heads and throw our stuff in the back, before climbing in.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A short first chapter and a day late but I promise it will get more interesting. The first few chapters are just explaining how things work. I may start posting Tuesday and Friday instead of just Monday.
Night_Shadow
3/14/19
3/19/19