19. Teaching

*•*
Ryka's POV
*•*

Everyone gives me weird looks as is sprint through the pack house. I don't stop until I reach Alpha Marks office. Luna Taylor is sitting at the desk talking to Kaiden. I wildly search through the filing cabinet, attempting to find the list of ranks. As soon as I find the list, Mark busts through the door. His eyes fill with horror as he surveys the destroyed room.

   "My files! You better have a good reason for this, pup." I hand him the note, his anger grows as he reads it.

   "Call a pack meeting, I'll explain it to everyone." I take the list to the Grand Ballroom, as Mark links the whole pack.

   "Emergency pack meeting! Report to the Grand Ballroom, now!" Wolves begin to flood the ballroom, squeezing in as tight as possible. Once all of the Pack is here, I begin speaking.

   "There is a death threat against me." A chorus of growls shake the ground. "I am a wolf of the prophecy, the one designated to save our world from darkness. I have received a note, which means the war starts soon, we must prepare. All that are eligible to fight, congregate on the left side, everyone that can't is on the right. If you are on the right, you will go with Alpha Kaiden, Mark Black, and Luke Peterson to learn basic self defense. Left side, split into your ranks, level one starts on the right side, everyone else follow. I need a split between level 20 and seasoned warriors." The seasoned warriors are further separated by experience.

   "What about squadrons? Do you want us to separate?" Ray asks. I nod my head. The 5 squads step forwards and file in front.  I begin to split every wolf above level 20 into a squad.

   "All wolves that are in levels will be stationed in the Pack house, to protect what squadron 5 can not. Any questions?"

   "Why do you have tattoos?" Aaron, a twelve year old, asks.

   "They are part of my powers that I use to save the world."

   "Will we train today?" Ray asks.

   "Yes, we will be heading to the West Grounds in 5 minutes."

   "Is this war going to be easy?" Troy, a nineteen year old, questions.

   "No war is easy, this one is no different. We have to train harder than we ever have before. Time to head to the grounds, questions later. Shift and sprint, we need to get there as quick as possible."

   As soon as we get to the grounds I split them up into training groups. "I need every person in S1 to lead a training group. Split into your levels and squadrons, make it fast. Ray, come with me." He jogs to catch up with me as I make my way to the East Grounds. As soon as we get to the grounds I survey the training.

   "Should I go help?" I nod my head and he runs off. I notice that most wolves are struggling and there aren't enough people to help everyone.

   "Alright! I want everyone to separate into lines of ten, facing me! Make it quick!" Once everyone is lined up I assign a skilled warrior to each row.

   "Ryka what are you doing?" Alpha Kaiden asks.

   "Teaching. Everyone copy my moves, the seasoned warriors will walk down their row and fix each person! Set your fighting stance!" I easily settle into my stance, staying until each wolf looks like I do. Next, I slowly punch, fully extending my arm and retracting it. I do it multiple times until everyone follows suit. This type of training continues until sundown. I end up in the meeting room with all the nobles.

   "Alpha Kaiden, how do you propose we fix this problem?" Beta Dakota asks, he is waiting until the right time to turn the position over to Cynthia. Kaiden gulps as he feels the eyes on him. Mark Black steps in to help his son.

"I think we should ask our Head Warrior." All eyes turn to my parents, yet they look to me for an answer. I stand, bowing to my Alpha before walking over to the map of the pack lands.

"Well, the Pack House is going to have the heaviest amount of guards. The squadrons will assemble in the four posts of our territory." I begin to make a red X where each squad will lie.

"What about Alpha Manor? Or the Orphanage?" Gamma Nathan questions.

   "Alpha Manor will be protected by S5."

   "But aren't they protecting the Pack House?"

   "Yes, 35% of our warriors are in S5, that leaves enough wolves to heavily equip the Pack House and Alpha Manor. Any more questions before I continue? Good, Border Patrol Officer Jacob, come here please." He bows to Alpha before joining me at the map. I hand him a blue marker and ask him to mark the weakest parts of our border.

"Are we going to be strengthening those areas?" Kaiden asks. I nod my head as Jacob continues to mark the board.

"The squadrons will evenly distribute themselves along the entirety of the boarder. The strongest wolves will be stationed where the blue marks are. Questions?"

"What does all this have to do with you?" Delta Tony asks.

   "This war is centered around me."

   "No not that. Why are you up there instead of Luke? You are only a pup."

   "I believe she is well suited for this situation. She is the only one that has come across these rogues. Therefore, it is only correct for her to lead." Father answers.

   "So a pup is our Alpha and Head Warrior. That's just great."

   "I am asking you calmly to leave before I throw you in the dungeon." I stalk to the Delta, my canines pierce my lower lip.

   "Ryka you don't have the power to-" I glare at Kaiden as he tries to defy me. The Delta just stares at me.

   "Leave if you value your life." He stands eye to eye with me, refusing to back down.

   "You aren't my Alpha."

   "You're right, I'm worse. Get. Out. Now."

   "No." I grab him by the name of his neck, dragging him to the border. "Let go of me!" He kicks and screams like a child. All of the nobles follow as I drag their Delta

   "Alpha, exile him." I force the man onto his knees, holding him in place.

   "I have a mate! You can't do this!"

   "You have not only disrespected a higher rank today, but multiple times in the past. This time you will serve your punishment. I hereby strip Tony Ramirez of his title as Delta and therefore banish him from the Black Paw Pack, may he never return." Tony screams in agony as his ties with the Pack are ripped. He stumbles into No Mans Land, whimpering for his mate. I slouch as I being the walk back to Alpha Manor.

"Hey kid, it's okay. You did the right thing, even if it doesn't feel that way." Ray latches his arm around my shoulder and leads me to the house. We part ways, going to our separate rooms for the night.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

3/27/19
8/29/19