9. Um, 4?

*•*
Ryka's POV
*•*

   "Ryka, I need you to call Gwen and plan your birthday party. If you need any help, ask your mother. The rest of you are to help me plan Harley's coronation, which is tomorrow." Luna Taylor explains, she gathered Kaiden, Harley, my mom, and I at the dining table earlier this morning. I huff, not liking my job.

   "Momma, can you just plan my party." Her eyes light up.

   "Yes, don't complain if you end up not liking it." I nod my head. I knew she secretly wanted to plan my party instead of the coronation.

   "Okay, now that we have everything settled, everyone, except Maria, needs to meet in the Grand Ballroom in thirty minutes." Luna Taylor leaves as we finish our breakfast.

   "Are you excited Harley?" Kaiden asks.

   "No, I don't want to be in front of a bunch of people. What if I trip? Or spill something? Or talk too loud? Or don't talk enough? What if they don't like me?" Kaiden kisses his cheek and hugs him.

   "Baby, they will love you, no matter what. You're their Luna."

   "I'm a boy, I'm an Alpha not a Luna."

   "You're the girl in this relationship. The pack will see you as their Luna."

   "I don't want to be a Luna. I want to be an Alpha." Harley crosses his arms over his chest and pouts.

   "We will talk about this later babe. We have to get to the ballroom in five minutes." We all dump our plates, and start the walk to the Pack House. As soon as we get to the ballroom, Luna immediately puts us to work. Harley and Kaiden set out the tables while Luna and I arrange the flowers and dishes.

   "Should the white lily be in the center of the bouquet?" Luna asks. I analyze how the flowers contrast with the white table cloth.

   "Yes, it makes it look uniform and not just thrown together." She arranges the bouquets as I drown the circular tables in cloths and dishes.

   "Boys! How many tables have you set out?" Kaiden clears his throat before answering. His lips are red and Harley's cheeks are flushed.

   "Um, 4?" Luna gasps.

   "If you don't have all 250 tables set out within the next hour, you two will be sleeping in separate rooms for a month." Knowing Luna will actually punish them, they both sprint to the stack of tables, I cackle as Kaiden trips.

   "How many plates go on a table, Luna?"

   "Six per table. Can you pause on dressing the tables, and set out the tables for the buffet?"

   "Gotcha." I begin to line the back wall with as many tables as possible. The room has a double staircase at the front, a stage is between them. Double French doors line every exit. Even with all the tables, the huge room still has space for a dance floor. This is the room where we have all pack meeting and events, solely because of its size. After all 30 tables are lined up, I begin to dress them.

"How should we fold the napkins? Pouches or fans?" Luna asks.

"Pouches, it's more practical." Harley answers.

"Thanks for the help." I look around a see that almost all the tables are set out.

"It's all coming along nicely babe." Alpha Marks enters and wraps his arms around Luna Taylor's waist. He starts swaying and kissing her neck as she tries to push him off.

"It was before you got here. Leave you're distracting me." She seats his hands away and continues to fold napkins.

"But we have to practice dancing, for tomorrow." He grabs her hips, and pulls her to the dance floor. Their hands interlock as he spins her around, he dips her and she squeals.

"Mark stop it, you're going to drop me." She smacks his chest and he chuckles.

"Honey, have I ever dropped you before?"

"No, but-" He presses a finger to her lips.

"Hush, just dance with me." They fall into a rhythm, and start humming a song. I continue to set tables, when I finish, the Alpha couple is still dancing. They look immersed in their dance, I walk out of the ballroom to find my mother. I find her in her private study at Alpha Manor.

"Have you finished planning yet?" She sets her book down and takes off her glasses.

"Yes, all we have to do is get you a dress for the coronation and your birthday."

"Can you just order it? I don't want to go shopping." I whine.

"Don't complain when you don't like it."

"I won't, thanks Mom." I trek to the kitchen and make a Nutella sandwich. One won't hurt and what Father doesn't know won't kill him.

"Ryka, you better not be eating junk food. You are on a strict diet, you know this." Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I bolt upstairs to my room on the top floor, before he can catch me. I sag against the door with a sigh of relief, finishing my sandwich. I exchange my leggings for sweatpants, and my sweatshirt for an gray tank top. After jumping onto my bed, I flip through the channels on TV for a movie to watch.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
3/5/19
4/28 19