22. Quiet

*•*
Kaiden's POV
*•*

   "I thought she couldn't die from her powers! They're supposed to keep her safe not kill her!" I yell at Ryder.

   It's been seven months, and Ryka is still in a coma, they haven't gotten any new information. I only learned she was in a coma a week after it happened. I thought she was just badly injured and recovering from surgery. I wasn't able to visit until today because of my new Alpha Duties. Many wolves in the Pack have visited her, most have been the guys that practically worship her.

"She has to build a tolerance to her powers. The more she trains them, the less energy she will lose." He places his hand onto my shoulder, and I break out into sobs.

"What if she doesn't wake up Ryder? What are we supposed to do without our best friend?" We latch onto each other as we weep for our fallen friend.

"Rogues at South and West Borders. Squadrons 1-3 at the borders, the rest at the Pack House." My Father links. I dry my tears and wipe my face of any emotion.

"I'll stay here and send my warriors to help, you go, I will protect her." Ryder explains as I bolt out the door. I bump into Harley as he is on his way to the Pack House. I hug him and peck his lips.

"I love you, stay safe." His eyes fill with tears and I immediately know what he's thinking.

"I love you too. I'll come back to you baby, I promise." We break apart and I sprint to the border. There's double the rogues we had last week, they just keep increasing. Almost all of Ryder's warriors are here, and some of The Silver Rock Pack is here also. We battle the rogues until they finally give in, retreating to their scarred Alpha. He winks as he trots off to No Mans Land. I growl and attempt to run after him, Ray stops me.

   "Get yourself together, you can't go die when he needs you."

   "You're right, thanks Ray. I have to get to my Luna." I sprint back to the Pack House, busting into the safe room to find my beautiful mate.

   "Kaidy!" Harley jumps into my arms, kissing the life out of me. I pepper kisses around his mark, causing him to moan lowly.

   "Did you miss me baby? I told you I would come back didn't I." He purrs and snuggles into my neck.

   "My Alpha Kaiden." His light snores fill my ears as I carry him to our bedroom. I place him on top of the black silk sheets, trading his everyday clothes for pajamas.

   "I'll be right back, love." I kiss his cheek before exiting the room. I wring my hands as I make my way to the hospital. I plop into the chair beside her bed, sighing in defeat as I find she's still unresponsive.

"It's getting bad, there's almost too many rogues for us to handle. Harley gets really scared when I'm gone, I hate to leave him. Ray has stepped up as a leader while you've been gone. Please get better soon, I need my best friend back." I kiss her forehead before leaving to attend a meeting in the conference room of the Pack House. I sit in my seat at the head of the table, my Luna by my side.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were asleep?" Sitting beside me, still in his pajamas, is my stubborn mate.

"I want to support you in the meetings."

   "What are we going to do about security Alpha?"

   "Is the border strong enough?"

   "What if we get invaded again?"

   "Are the kings going to help?"

   "How are we supposed to fill the prophecy with out the chosen one?"

Question after question fills my ears, one word from their Luna stops them all.

"Quiet." Harley stands and growls. The nobles bare their necks to their Luna. I place my hand on his arm and guide him to my lap, successfully calming him down.

"We must strengthen the border. Jacob, double the patrols, cut the shifts in half. I need every able bodied wolf to train at least five hours a day five days a week. Everyone must know how to protect themselves. We need to double the guards at the Orphanage, it is too close to the border to be with little protection. That is all, you're dismissed." I wait for everyone to leave before turning to my Luna. My baby boy squeals as I scoop him up and carry him to our room. I toss him on the bed, he giggles as his body bounces.

"You're funny Kaidy." I crawl on top of him and connect our lips. He moans and tangles his fingers in my dark locks.

"Mmm, I've missed this, Puppy." Our tongues battle for dominance, even if we both know who's going to win. I break away and trail kisses to his jaw. Nibbling on his ear lobe as he giggles again.

"Did you forget about our shower this morning?" He moans as I suck on his mark, fisting my shirt as I grind our lower halves together.

"That doesn't mean I don't long for you all the time baby. All I think about is you, in every way. The way you blush when I kiss you, how you stutter when you're nervous, the way your hair flutters in the wind, the sight of my cock in your mouth, your flushed body underneath me as I pound into your tight pink hole. I need you all the time my baby boy, especially when you start biting that sexy lip." He moans and tugs at my shirt. I help him yank it off, his warm lips heading straight for my mark. I flip him over to his stomach, grinding my groin into his ass.

"Please Kaiden." He scratches at his shirt, failing to pull it off. I remove it slowly, kissing a trail up his spine. I pull him backwards slightly, causing him to groan as his nipples rub against the sheets.

"Mmm, your perky ass feels so good against me, Puppy." He moans as I pull his pants down his legs. As I'm throwing his pants behind me, he flips over to face me.

"I know something that feels better." He winks as he grinds his bulge against mine. I move down and lick his tip as it peaks out of his boxers from all our moving around. He moans and bucks his hips as I kiss him through the thin fabric. I trail kisses back to his lips before stopping altogether, causing him to whine and rut against me.

"Hush baby, I hear something." He continues to whine, even when I've covered his mouth with my hand. I strain my ears and tone into the heavy breathing of a wolf, sticks snap underneath it's feet. Everything falls silent, seconds later the sound of glass breaking and a bloodcurdling scream follows.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

4/4/19
1/13/20