5. Who Bribed You?

*•*
Kaiden's POV
*•*

   "Kaiden get up! It's time to go shopping!" My mother yells. She slams the door open and I bolt out of bed, knowing the wrath I will face if I don't.

   "I'm up! I'm up!" I hold my hands up in surrender as she points a plastic water gun at me.

   "Good, I thought I would have to turn to drastic measures. I need you ready, and in the car, in an hour. Do not, go back to sleep, love you!" She hums a song as she travels to the kitchen to make breakfast. I turn around, and fall face first in the bed, planning to sleep for 30 more minutes. It's been a month since school let out and I've been enjoying my sleep, it's not about to stop because of shopping.

   "I can't believe her, it's literally 6 a.m, the party doesn't start until 10 p.m. The woman is crazy." I mumble into the pillow. Just as I'm about to fall asleep, the annoying voice of my best friend pierces my ears.

"Get up Kaid." She rips the blanket off of me, causing me to whine in protest.

"No, get out Ry." I snuggle into the pillow as she walks away. With a false sense of hope, I slowly drift into sleep. My body jolts awake as something cold and wet is poured on me. I jump out of bed and glare at Ryka. She just smirks at me and places the bucket in the bathroom.

"I told you to get up Kaid, you're the one that didn't listen." She shrugs and walks out the door. "You better be dressed when I come back!" I scoff and trudge to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. With a towel wrapped around my waist, I search my closet for something to wear. My boxers find my hips just as Ryka busts through the door, causing me to groan in annoyance.

"Do you people ever knock?" She walks into my closet, with a piece of bacon hanging out of her mouth, and helps me search for clothes.

"You should know by now, that I don't. There's nothing you could do in here that I haven't already seen anyways." She smirks as I try to hide my blush. Being my best friend for all my life, she's seen things only my mate would want to see, including me jerking off. A shirt lands on top of my head, along with a pair of jeans landing on my feet.

"Can you stop throwing things at me?" I rip the shirt off my head, and glare at the little She Devil in front of me.

"Nope, just put those on and meet me in the kitchen, Mom made pancakes." I huff and shove the shirt over my head. My feet stomp into the legs of the pants, I almost trip twice. I style my hair with my fingers, before grabbing a black belt. I clasp the belt while walking to the kitchen, the chatter of Mom and Ryka could be heard for miles. Generally, Ryka isn't a chatter box, unless she's with our mothers. My best friend acts more like guy than I do most of the time though.

"So, are you ready to go shopping?!" Mother claps her hands excitedly as Ry and I groan in unison. I sit in front of the only plate at the table, as Ry and Mother had already ate.

"Thanks for the food, Mom." I quickly devour my food, knowing they want to leave soon. As soon as my plate is in the sink, my wrist is grabbed, and I'm dragged to Mother's gray Chevy Cruise. I hop in the back seat with Ry, Mom guns it out the driveway, causing our head to hit the front seats.

   "Ow, really, I know you're in a hurry but did you have to do that?" Ry rubs her forehead and pouts.

   "Sorry I'm just excited. I can't believe I'm actually going shopping with you two! We haven't done that in years! We're going to every store in this mall! I can't believe this is happening!" I tune out Moms rant and become lost in my thoughts.

   I really hope I find my mate today. The banquet starts at ten, I can't find my mate until midnight. The so called banquet, is really just a big party. There will be food, music, dancing, and other stuff like that. The Blood Moon Pack, Sharp Claw Pack and, Silver Rock Pack are all coming. Yesterday my mother, Luna Taylor, forced me to go to the store with her so I could get a new tux. Ryka's coming with us because She needs a dress. I'm kinda hoping she is my mate.

  "So, who bribed you?" I link, causing her to chuckle.

   "Momma promised me a new knife, I couldn't resist, even if I have to go through torture to get it."

   "Well, I'm just being forced to go, it is my party and all. Is she picking out the knife or you?"

   "I am, I've got cash to pay for it. I wonder who your mate is going to be."

  "Everyone thinks it's going to be you." She looks slightly alarmed.

   "That's not possible, I'm not your mate. It can't happen, an Alphas mate is always a high ranked noble, that's not what I am."

   "Yes you are, I want you as my Beta."

  "No, Kaid, that's not how this works. You can't just choose your Beta."

   "But you're my best friend, I don't want Cynthia as my Beta."

   "Maybe, I could be your Beta, but not actually be your Beta."

   "What do you mean?"

   "I can lead the pack when you're away, I know you definitely don't want Cynthia, or her mate, doing that."

   "That's a great idea!" I throw my hands in the air, startling my mother.

   "What's a great idea?"

   "Nothing Mom."

"We're here!"

"Time for the torture to begin." I groan and get out of the car.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Hey Shadows! I decided to post today since I'm going to be busy and may not me able to post Monday. If I can post Monday this will just be the double post for April. Chao.
2/28/19
4/7/19