13. Even Match

*•*
Ryka's  P.O.V
*•*

   I make a move to stand up from the place where I am laying but I am stopped by a muscled arm clasped around my waist. I turn my head to see Ryder. I find that I am laying on top of Ryder's chest and he is laying on the couch. I take a moment to admire Ryder's features. He has striking blue eyes and brown hair, his strong jawline complements his plump lips. His body is covered in lean muscle, a tattoo of a raven covers his right arm, a tattoo of the name of his pack is across his left thigh, a rose is tattooed on his right hip as a tribute to his deceased sister, and a full moon with his wolf howling covers his back, he says he will add his mates wolf howling. His wolf is white, a black lightning bolt like marking is on his left flank, he is 4'10" in wolf form.

   "Staring is impolite Sweetheart." He links.

   "I will stare all I want." I retaliate.

   "Do as you wish." He let's go of me and rolls onto his stomach. I admire his tattoo peacefully before he interrupts. "I can practically feel your eyes boring into my back. The tattoo is nice but it's not that nice."

   "It's so pretty though."

   "I really hope that Scarlett gets to become a part of it. That would make it even better."

   "Stop it Ryder." I walk out of the game room and into the kitchen. Yesterday, we were at the beach having fun until late afternoon. We ended up at Alpha Manor and played games or watched movies until early morning. It is now around 8 in the morning. I grab an apple and run up my room. I rummage through the drawers until I find an outfit to work out in. I decide against taking a shower because if I did I would have to take two because of becoming sweaty while I train. The backyard of Alpha Manor, is a private training ground, open to only a select few. I immediately begin with stretching to warm up my muscles before I train. My morning training starts with a 12 mile run, then sit-ups, followed by push-ups, the majority of time I lift weights but I decide against it today, my father normally spars with me but I'm sure one of the guys will. After about 2 and a half hours of training I need someone to spar with.

   "What are you doing?" Ryder asks as he walks out of the house.

   "Training." Kaiden answers and he enters the yard behind Ryder. He throws his banana peel on the ground and steps on to the mat used for sparring. "Alright, lets get this over with." He crouches and charges at me. I sidestep him and he face plants into the ground. Ryder chuckles as he sees me fake a yawn. Kaiden gets up and runs at me again, this time he tries to punch me. I grab his fist and smirk at him before I flip him over my head and onto his back.

   "Is that all you got boy?" I mock him and he groans as he stands up.

   "We both know I can't beat you. The only one that have a chance at beating you are Dad, Luke, and Ryder over there." He nods to Ryder which causes Ryder to look up.

"You think I have a chance? There's no way man." Ryder holds his hands up and walk backwards.

"Look at you bro. I've seen you fight. You're the only one that would be an even match for her. So spar with her."

"Alright." Ryder rips his shirt over his head and steps up to the mat. He shakes out his muscles and then falls to a defensive stance. I casually walk around in a circle. He follows and soon we are circling each other looking for weakness. I will be surprised if he detects any weakness of mine. Even if you've seen me fight hundreds of times it is hard to find my weakness because I change my fighting style every time.

"You hold more weight on your right foot, your head gives keys to your punches, you lead with your left foot, and you leave your stomach unguarded." I state. Before he has time to process what I say, I make a quick jab at his stomach. Because I caught him off guard he doubles over in pain. I slightly let my guard down and he trips me.

"Yes, but you are too cocky for your own good. You lead with your right, your hips are the key to your moves, and you bounce slightly before you make a move." I growl as I stand from my position on the ground.

"Damn boy, even I didn't know that and I'm her father. I've been trying to find her weakness for nine years now." My father calls as he walks out the door. I notice Ryder's father, Kaidens parents, my parents, and all of our friends are outside. I fake a hook with my left arm and roundhouse with my right leg. He ducks under my punch and catches my ankle. The force of catching my leg knocks us to the ground. I land on top of him and try to use the pressure point on his neck. Just before I touch his neck his feet curl under my thighs and throws me over his head. I turn at the last second and land on my back.

"I'll have to use that move next time." Mark comments. Ryder's tries to jump on me but I kick him, which sends him flying backwards onto his butt.

"You rely on pressure points." Ryder explains. We both stand and circle each other again.

"You once broke your right ankle." I retaliate. He charges at me and I sidestep him. He must have been expecting it because his hand grips my neck and slams me to the ground. I grunt when I hit the ground, Ryder's weight hits me and I use my legs to flip him over my head. I stand up as fast as I can and turn to face him. Before he regains full balance I swipe my leg at his right ankle. He crashes to the ground but stands up after a few seconds. I throw a punch at his temple, which he catches. Just before he catches my punch, I kick him in the stomach. He stumbles back and almost falls.

"You done yet Alpha?" I ask.

"Not even close Luna." Everyone gasps when they hear he called me Luna. I growl loudly and he seems to want to bare his neck in submission. I charge at him and try to punch him. He catches my fist and uses it to throw me over his head. I hit the mat with a thud. Within seconds Ryder is on top of me. He reaches for my neck but I use my hand to block him. At the moment it is a battle of strength, not skill. It is equal for the first few seconds before he overpowers me. I try to use my other hand to hit him but he pins it to the mat. I can't use my legs to help because he is sitting on my stomach. He smirks when he realizes I can't do anything.

"You think this is over? Think again boy." I head butt him which causes him to loosen his grip. I shove him off of me and jump on top of him. I straddle his hips and pin his hands above his head in a way that makes sure he won't be able to get out.

"Dang it! I was sure I was going to win!"

"Submit." I lock eyes with him and he dares to disobey.

"No." He growls out. I can hear his wolfs voice mix with his own.

"No? Submit." I growl loudly as my voice mixes with my wolfs. After a 5 minute staring contest he bares his neck in submission. I begin to touch my nose to his neck before I decide against it and place a kiss to where his mark will be.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

12/31/18
1/2/19