Chapter Two

New York, USA
Sunday morning
Outfit:

Emerson entered the coffee shop right as it opened, smelling the fresh baked pastries filled her senses

Emerson entered the coffee shop right as it opened, smelling the fresh baked pastries filled her senses. Secrets of Coffee, a hidden hotspot for coffee. She smiled as she saw her best friend, Barkley behind the counter and he smiled back. "Hey, hey, hey! How's my girl doing?" Barkley said cheerfully, hoping over the counter and started to walk to Emerson. "Just fine dork! How 'bout you?" Emerson answered as Barkley hugged her tightly. He smelled like pumpkin pie, freshly baked. He always smelled like something from the shop or something coffee of course. "I'm great! Damn girl, you got your tips turned to a new blue!" Barkley generally a very cheery and happy person. He is from Jamaica and moved to America when he was 13 after his parents died. His Grandmother toke him and his 3 siblings into her home in New York City. Ever since he moved, his accent is still thick and it sure does pick up girls! "Yep! It's a cobalt blue now." Emerson giggled. "It's magnificent! It's gorgeous!" He cheered. "Now! Let's get you something to it, but trust me! You would want some pumpkin pie, it'll be on the house!" Barkley continued as he hurried behind the counter.

Emerson giggled as the went to the counter. "Will it be the regular. Chocolatey chip frozen with whip with extra chocolate sauce and chocolate chips and a chocolate chocolate chip muffin?" Barkley asked. "Yes, of course. You know me so well." Emerson chuckled, her dimples showing. "I'll be right back with your order, plus the pumpkin pie!" Barkley told her and quickly rushing off into the kitchen. Emerson sighed and giggled. 'I have the most wonderful best friend in the whole wide world!' Emerson thought. She smirked and giggled again, shaking her head.

Barkley came out with a slice of pumpkin pie and got out a muffin from the showcase counter and placed it on the counter in front of Emerson. "It's a new recipe, the pumpkin pie. You will be the first one to take a bite out of all the slices in the world with that recipe!" Barkley told Emerson, cheerfully. Emerson blushed slightly and looked at the pie. She toke a spoon and toke a bite of the pie. Emerson hummed and scrunched up her noise. "Barkley, this is so amazing!" She told Barkley. "Great!" Barkley cheered loudly and slimmed around. She scooped up some more pie and raised it to Barkley lips and he toke a bite. "My god, this is absolutely amazing!" Barkley went wide eyed and placed his hands on his head. "Grandmother! The pie is amazing! We have to stick with this!" He yelled to his grandmother.

His grandmother slowly came out the kitchen but a smile quickly formed once she saw you. "Em! Your here!" She said, walking to her. Emerson walked up to make her trip to her shorter and gave her a hug. "How are you Ms. Starleen?" Emerson asked, gently pulling away. "I am quite well dear." Ms. Starleen said. Emerson helped her take a seat in a booth. "You look well and your hair! It's so beautiful!" Ms. Starleen gasped. "Thank you." Emerson told her.

"You still work at the Museum?" Ms. Starleen asked Emerson. "Yes ma'am, I am." Emerson answered, taking a sip of her drink. "Your vlog doing well?" Ms. Starleen leaned back in her seat. "Yes, it is. I got 19,500 viewers yesterday." Emerson told her. She looked at the clock and saddened. "I really wish to keep talking to you Ms. Starleen, but I really have to go to the Museum it opens up at 10:00 today." Emerson said. "Oh well my dear, I will see you tomorrow." Ms. Starleen said. "Yes ma'am." Emerson smiled and grabbed her bag and stood from the table. "Have a nice day." Emerson said. "You too Em." Ms. Steerlen told her.

Emerson walked away from the table and waved goodbye to Barkley. "Bye girl, see ya later!" Barkley said with his big, famous smile on his face.

Emerson walked out of the coffee shop and felt the cold breeze against her face. She shivered and walked down the sidewalk of the busy New York streets. Honks and yelling from all the taxi's and cars were t the best thing for this morning, but Emerson ignored it as usual. She is always used to New York, but she has traveled to different places and studied in museums.