Chapter Fourteen

The Fortuny Museum - Palazzo Fortuny
Venice, Italy
Art Museum
Established in 1956

The next day, Balthazar and Emerson walked out their hotel and made their way to the museum

The next day, Balthazar and Emerson walked out their hotel and made their way to the museum. "So, what you want to steal?" Emerson whispers after looking around. "A dress." Balthazar answers simply. Emerson raises a brow as she looks up at him. "Really? What's so important about this dress?" She questions him. "You'll see." Balthazar glances down at her, winking and soon smirking, seeing the slight blush on Emerson's cheeks.

"Have I ever told you that you look beautiful in a light blue?" Balthazar asks, his voice is soft. "No, you haven't." Emerson tells him in almost a whisper, looking down at herself. She is wearing a light blue sun dress. Two necklace gently hang around her neck, a couple bracelets on both wrists.

Balthazar's smirk turns into a small smile as he takes a good look at her

Balthazar's smirk turns into a small smile as he takes a good look at her. "Well you do, you should where the color more often." He compliment. "Thank you Balthazar." Emerson blushes some more and nudges Balthazar's arm.

They both stayed silent after that, but Balthazar kept that smile on his face. He could her Emerson giggling to herself as she takes in the view of everything. Emerson couldn't help but smile too.

Emerson loves it in Venice, she really doesn't want to leave here. She and Balthazar have barely been in Venice 24 hours, and she already wants to live her. People who walk by a very kind and smile back.

Soon, that changes a little.

The two walk by four men, who are staring at Emerson. The men start to whistle at her and start to yell things in Italian. Emerson looks away from them, her smile disappearing, knowing the idea of what they are doing. Balthazar is having none of this.

Balthazar wraps an arm around her waist, pulls her really close to him. His strong scent fills Emerson's senses and soon comforts her. He rubs his hand on the side opposite of him. Emerson rests her head on the front of Balthazar's shoulder. "I got you, no worries. They will not harm you." He tells her.

The whistles dial down, but still continues. Emerson decides to get on her tippy toes and kiss Balthazar's cheek. Soon one of them yells in English "You can do better baby girl.".

Anger fills Emerson's and she stops in her tracks. "Just ignore them darling." Balthazar says, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. His thumb rubs gently in the top of his. "Better keep walking, you can't do nothing. Now come over here and sit your ass down on daddy's lap. You can do better than that artifact." The same man said. "I can't just ignore them." Emerson mutters, anger in her voice.

She yanks her hand away and walks over to the men. Confusion and a little hurt show in Balthazar's eyes as she walks away from. Soon enough, he knows what she's doing and doesn't stop her.

The men smile and laugh at each other as Emerson comes to them. She goes right to the man who spoke English. "I see you have come to da-" smack. Emerson punched the man right across the face and the other men stare at her, shocked. "You listen to me you son of a bitch. You well never speak to me or any woman you ever see." Emerson tells before punching the man again, but in the nose.

Blood rush out of one of the mans nostrils and he groans. Emerson grabs him by the collar and pins him up against a wall. "And one more thing," She says, kneeing him in the balls. "Never, ever talk to my man that way ever again." She says.

Emerson walks away and the men rush to the guy. A huge smile appears on her face as Balthazar offered his hand to her. "Darling, care to run with me." He smirks. Emerson gladly takes his hand and just simply nods.

The two start to run to the Fortuny Museum, Emerson is of course giggling. The stopped right in front of the museum and they look at child. Emerson starts feeling like a child and she places her head on Balthazar's shoulder.

"Hey Balthazar?" Emerson asks for him. "Yes darling?" He responds immediately. "Did you mean to touch my ass when I stormed off to that guy?" Blush soon comes back to her cheeks. "It was by accident my dear, I apologize." He admits and looks down at her, seeing her blush and smiling.

Giving Emerson's hand a squeeze, Balthazar led her inside. The two sneak around and soon Balthazar leads Emerson to the destination he wants to show her.