Chapter Fifteen

Balthazar and Emerson snuck past a big party and into an empty room. It's beautiful a beautiful and Emerson sees the dress Balthazar intends to steal. "That's the dress." She hears him say to her. "Balthazar, it's pretty." She states. Soon, her stomach turns sick. "I'm not sure about this..." Emerson continues. "About stealing?" Balthazar whispers under his breath.

Emerson nods in response and looks at Balthazar. "No worries, my darling." He tells her and smiles at her. He snaps and the sound of big doors slamming fill the room. Screams from other people come after.

Wide eyed, Emerson looks around and the doorways are pitch black. "What the hell Balthazar! What did you do?" She whispers angrily. "It's what I do Emerson." Balthazar chuckles, his smile is more like a smirk now.

Still chuckling, Balthazar walks to the dress. He inspects it quickly, walking around the dress on the mannequin, eyeing it. "Balthazar, I'm getting a really bad feeling about this." Emerson tells Balthazar. "Like I said before, no worries." He says. Emerson looks over at him, crossing her arms.

A snap from Balthazar's fingers made Emerson flinch. She looks over at the mannequin, but there was no dress on it. She bit her lip as she found the dress in Balthazar's hand. Balthazar walks to her and grabs her hand.

"Balthazar, I feel sick." Emerson tells him. Balthazar's smile reappears on his face as he feels Emerson's hand tighten around his. "I know. You're such a goody two shoes, you know that?" Balthazar teases her.

Emerson scrunches her nose as she pouts and leans her head onto Balthazar's arm. "You're also quiet cute." He tells her. Emerson looks at Balthazar in the eyes, chin on his shoulder. "Are we going to return this dress at some point in time?" She asks. All Balthazar did was wink for a response, and soon they are gone from the museum.

Wind hits Emerson like a break as she opens her eyes. She looks around to see endless hills that lead to huge mountains, rich grass, and daisies are everywhere. Soon, the wind dials down and Emerson looks down at herself. She is wearing the dress that basically Balthazar stole.

Spinning slowly and tucking hair behind her ears, Emerson lets out a small giggle. The white and light blue compliments her fair skin, the freckles on her arms pop out. The dress wraps around her legs with the breeze as she starts to walk.

All she feels under her feet are the soft blades of grass. They tickle at the soft skin of her ankles. Emerson bites her lip, her short hair soft blows with the wind as a ladybug lands on her hand. It gets Emerson's full attention and she stares down at it, studying its features.

It's polka dotted wings flutter and like the blades of grass at her feet, they tickle her hand. Emerson smiles as bright as the sun and giggles once more. Colorful butterflies fly around her, causing her to look up. Admiring them, looking at their wings.

Her giggles turn to laughter and her smile is bigger than ever. She turns to Balthazar, who is standing there with his arms crossed. He wears an all dark suit, making his blue eyes stand out.    Emerson knows he is smiling and hear him laughing too.

The butterflies go away, leaving the angel and the lady alone. The two stare at each other, foolish smiles on both of their faces. Emerson giggles again and walks to him, Balthazar does the same to her.

"Balthazar, where are we?" Emerson giggles out her question. "New Zealand. I just wanted to take you somewhere beautiful before we hit the next museum." Balthazar answers her. Emerson takes his hands and gets up on her tippy toes. Balthazar tilts her head and feels a soft kiss on his cheek.