What Happened To You?

You got ready for school excitedly and decided to look your best today, although it was just a normal school day.

You put on your headphone and listened to romance songs, you smiled brightly to yourself and have that particular person in mind as the song plays.

"He's so sweet.. " You unknowingly said out and blushed.

"Who's sweet?" Nayeon tapped your shoulder from the back.

You take out your headphone and paused the music, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" You asked.

"You were talking to yourself earlier on and said that someone was sweet, who is it? Is it Jaehyun? " Nayeon curiously questioned.

Jaehyun is a senior of yours, who everyone always thought that the both of you had a thing for each other as you both are quite close and acts like a couple to many's eyes.

"What? Jaehyun? Nonono, it's not him." You got defensive as you don't want her to get the wrong idea.

"It's erm, some dude from a drama that I'm watching recently.. "You said hesitantly while trying to calm down.

"Really? Whatever, I'm still going to think that it's Jaehyun." Nayeon smirked and walked off.

-During Lunch Time-

You waited for Vernon outside of his science classroom.

"Heyy Vernon!!" You waved excitedly as you see him coming out.

To your surprise, Vernon actually ignored you and walked right past you without even giving you a second glance.

"Errm do you not see me here? " You asked running to block his way.

"Get Lost." Vernon said in a deep tone and stared at you fiercely.

"W... What's the issue? Did I do or say anything wrong?" You asked ,trying to think of why he's suddenly treating you like this.

"I SAID GET LOST!" Vernon screamed angrily and pushed you aside.

"Ouch!" You fell to the ground and tears slowly rolls down your cheeks.

"What's wrong with him?" You thought and quickly stood up, running to the ladies's.

You tried to calm yourself down in the bathroom, you thought of every possible reasons to his cold attitude.

"okay.. Maybe he's having a really bad morning or he was just joking with me ," you thought to yourself, wiping your tears away while looking at yourself in the mirror.

The feeling of getting screamed at and pushed by someone who you love hurts alot.

-In Math Class-

You entered the class , hanging your head low trying to hide your puffy eyes because of the tears earlier on.

You look up and see Vernon having his hoodie over his head , u tried avoiding eye contact but both your eyes still met. You felt uneasy , wondering if this was a prank that has gone too far or a reality that you should learn to accept.

You pulled out the chair next to him and quietly take out your necessary notes and mathematical instruments.

"hey, erm where are your notes?" You asked trying to break the awkward silence between both of you.

"what do you think? if it's not on my desk I obviously didn't brought it to school." He looked up and pulled back his hoodie that you can see his eyes rolling annoyingly at you.

"Here, I can lend you mine." You smiled, holding back the tears . 

*thud*

Vernon smacked your book away and it flew across the class landing on the floor near the door.

You were shocked beyond words and clenched your fist , trying your best to not cry . 

"I miss your old self." you murmured as u walked past him to grab your book from the floor .