we're stronger together

you were on your macbook at one of the benches near the parking lot, scrolling through 'ItsIdolsNews' trying to pass time before the first bell rings.

'Seventeen's Vernon Is Dating Someone?!' you read the headline of the article and immediately clicked on it, your eyes widened as wide as ostriches's eggs when you see photos of both you and Vernon taken from outside the shop both of you were in just yesterday. you clicked on the comments section and found some really unsupportive fans saying things like
"ew i bet she must be ugly"
"even though the mask is covering most of her face i can tell that she looks like a wild boar" "whoever that hoe is, i will hunt her down and smack her right in the face for dating my dearest Vernon"
you felt deeply hurt by the comments and at that moment "good morning!" Vernon placed his bag on his lap as he sat beside you.

"oh. hey." the usual positivity in your voice was no longer there.

Vernon looked at you, confused and worried as to why you were so despondent early in the morning and he looks at your macbook's screen and read those comments before asking you who made such comments and what made them say it.

"we were being followed yesterday and pictures of us taken in the shop yesterday were uploaded into a article in ItsIdolsNews." you explained as you scroll through the pictures for him to see.

"wow. those photographs make us look even cuter together! we should hire them for our wedding pictures hahhah" Vernon zoomed into one of the picture and laughed.

"YA!! your manager will probably reprimand you for this and you can still make jokes about our wedding?" you chided him gently but loudly.

"who says that the wedding part was a joke? i do want to get married to you and i believe that our love will be everlasting." Vernon holds your hand and looked you in your eyes as he spoke. It made you blush so hard and your heart beat so fast that it could power your wifi.

you walked into the first class of the day, English class, one of the few classes that both you and Vernon are in together.

"DUDEEEE I SAW YOU ON THE NEWS! who's that lucky girl?" Jinki, one of the most annoying bastards in your class screamed as soon as Vernon walked into the class (Vernon and you made it a point not to enter the class together to avoid suspicions)

Vernon faked a smile and kept silence, pulling his seat out and putting his bagpack down while putting on his beats headphone.

"YOU DONT HAVE TO BE SHY, EVERYONE HAS HAD THEIR OWN CRUSHES" Jinki smacked his back in a rough yet brothership-ly manner. Vernon moved Jinki's hand from his back, rolling his eyes.

"what a snob." Jinki swiped his palm down the uniform's bottom and mummered loudly on purpose.

the teacher is already late for 5 minutes, you decided to take this time to continue reading on articles with similar heading, you looked at every corner to prevent getting caught. "are those professional cameras?!" you said shockingly in your head , you continue staring at the reporters and camera men outside on the corridor chatting before barging in into your classroom.

everyone in the class screamed a little when the class door swung open with force , hitting the wall , creating a loud bang.

"ah hah!" the reporter said as he looks into Vernon's direction, you understood what he said from far, through the mouthing of the words and facial expressions. he walked with big strides towards Vernon before shooting all his questions out like a AK47 gun.

Vernon took off his headphones, still trying to process what on earth is happening before the reporter shoot questions again.
"so, vernon! who was the girl you were with yesterday?" the reporter asked with a wide grin on his face.

"errrm.." Vernon stammered and the whole class started being annoying by chanting out "ANSWER ANSWER ANSWER ANSWER ANSWER" paired together with slow beats of claps.

the main reporter then turn towards my direction, staring at you, making you feel so uncomfortable and your heart started pumping faster. his footsteps got louder and quicker while having a menacing grin spread evenly on his face , you tighten my fist and pretended to look at your journal while praying that he is not going to interview you.

"YOUNG LADY!!" he shouted and the whole jerked out of shock. You looked up slowly trying to make yourself look natural.

"do you know who Vernon's partner may be?"
"uhh i.."
"YOUNG LADY, ARENT U HIS PARTNER?!"

the whole class went into total madness and you can hear people whispering about how they noticed that you and Vernon has been close for a certain time. "NO. IM NOT." You wasn't thinking straight and slammed the table, screaming furiously at him , grabbing your bag & journal and stomped out of the class.

You hear Vernon scolding the reporters about disrupting lesson time and went out to run after me. "y/n!!" You pretended not to hear and walked away faster with my fists tighten by your side.
     "look." Vernon caught up to you and grabbed you by my wrist and pulled you to the dark corner of the long hallway. You averted gaze from him as he tried to turn your head ,getting you to listen to what he has to say.
       "I know you're in a difficult position right now but you won't have to go through it alone because im always here," "trust me." he said when he saw tears forming on the corners of your yes.

- sorry for long hiatus as i didn't had the motivation to continue -