She's A Firecraker

ETHAN

"Caleb! Get in here" Jason yells outside my office swinging the door open. Amanda hot on his heels behind him. Lately she's been involved in a lot more scheduling between my brothers and I. Soon after they approach my desk I see Caleb saunter in with his hands in his pockets.

"Here. I made copies of the relevant files you'll need for this meeting. Bring them with you, they should be here soon. Amanda bring them to the boardroom four and get them some refreshments, and take some notes during the meeting too. Thanks" she bobs her head and each of us check her out as she leaves. Closing the door over I snap out of it and Caleb stands there smiling at me. "Get over here idiot!" I laugh raising my hand curling my fingers to come over to me with Jason.

I avert my attention back to getting my notes in order for this meeting. I have to make it look like I know what I'm doing. But I haven't done a project with hotels or any real estate before, so this is practically new to me. I want to make an impression on Jennings Inc. and to make the bond between the companies stronger by going into business.

"I need you to listen in on this meeting very carefully to know how a meeting is properly structured. Take notes on how to lead one and know how to listen to every person sitting in that room. Got it? Everyone's opinion matters" I point to Caleb who bobs his head and continues to read the files I have him for this meeting.

"And Jason, try not to contradict me so much. Also, no rude comments are to be made in front of these people. We need to have a serious approach to this project. I don't need you two making us look like complete idiots-"

"Chill Ethan, I know what Jennings is like. She's feisty and a ball buster.... which is kind of hot. But I won't speak that much because honestly, she's always scared the shit out of me. Don't get me wrong, I would bend her ov-"

"Jason! Shut it now! Do not bring any of that crap up in here, or I'll ask you to leave. I mean it!" Jason shots his hands up in surrender mocking me with a teasing smile on his face.

"Alright! Alright! I won't. I'll just stare at her" he smirks over at me. Sighing while I sieve through the papers laid out on my desk I take the ones I'll need neatly into a folder and scramble around to find my pen. I might need a few. Both of them taking seats on my office sofas while we wait for the call from Amanda to go down. Hearing the door handle push down I know it's time.

"Mr. Miller, they're in the lobby now, I will show them to the boardroom of you want to make your way down?" Amanda asks sweetly. Her top is far too low right now, it's fine if there isn't visitors coming in but right now, it's unnerving me. She walks away before I could say anything. I scramble to get up and run to the door but I see the elevator being closed with her iPad in hand.

"Shit!" I mumble at the door. I run my hands down my face pulling at my skin in frustration.

"What's up? Will we make a move?" Jason grips the back of my neck.

"Nothing. Yeah come on" I bob my head out of the door, telling them it's time to go. We walk down the hallways getting a few glances from our employees, mainly the women. I know every single one of them likes the sight of us. I smile at a couple of them, some of the ones I've been with. I need to get rid of some of them. That's for another day.

Jason pushes the door open and allows us to see our team sitting on one side of the room as we wait for the other side to fill up.

Denis stands up to greet us and is the first to speak, "Morning guys! We all ready for this? Your father is very happy about the meeting. He was unsure when Miss Jennings first turned it down-"

"She turned it down?" Jason quizzed him and he replied with a nod.

"Yes, she wasn't sure what the motive was. I don't know what changed her mind, but they're on their way now. So get ready, I've a feeling it's going to be a bumpy one today fellas" he chuckles at the hard ass chick about to walk into my company. It's going to be a tough meeting because she's a tough cookie. But she's good at her job. Too good. Better than her grandfather ever was.