Cheater Beater

CHLOE

I've ignored Ethan and his impending calls for the past week and a half after that night. That night that shouldn't have happened. He's called my office, personal cellphone and home number trying to get me. I even caught him outside my house a number of times knocking on my door. To say I'm avoiding him is an understatement. I can't bare to see him.

To see his smug face when he knows I kissed him back. I fucking kissed him back. I think about that night when I head to bed. Not regretting it. Why don't I regret it?

I haven't slept for the past few days and today is my fourth day. Not only is it my fourth day but today is the day I'm going to the Hamptons and staying with Kate and Ryan. I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to pick me up so we can drive together, I'm sitting in leggings and a loose jumper with zero effort made to my face.

I couldn't be bothered. I'm not trying to impress anyone. Maybe Ethan will leave me alone once he sees what he's dealing with.

Hearing my doorbell ringing I know it's Kate, she's about a half hour late. As per fucking usual. You can tell I'm cranky today. Zero sleep and I'm a walking zombie. But could I give any less of a fuck. Nope.

I swing the door open and I'm greeted with Cole with his arms wide open readying himself for a hug.

"CHLO- holy crap.... what happened to you?" He squirms a little away from me. I know I look like the I probably have two black eyes with the bags underneath my eyes.

"Nothing... I'm just ugly" I deadpan him. He sends me a smile to know he's apologising in his own way. He reopens his arms again and pulls me in for a tight hug. Over his shoulder I see Ethan leaning against the car with his shades. In a tight light blue T-shirt and navy trousers and shoes that look like they were spit shined for church. He slides the glasses off his face and I look away. I pat Coles shoulder as a sign of not to touch me. I grab my bag from inside the hallway that's sitting on a chair and sling it over my shoulder locking my door and setting the alarm on. I drop my feet down on every step and make my way towards the car. Being caught off guard I get squeezed into a tight embrace. Knowing it's Ethan, I can smell him before I see him. I can feel his abs on my stomach and the heat radiating from him.

"You're touching me..." I raise my voice snapping at him. I feel a vibration from him and I know he's laughing at me. I send a pleading look over to Kate and she just shrugs in her floral flowing dress. Traitor. Once he lets go of me I walk around and throw my bag into the trunk. I slam it shut and notice Cole opening the passenger side. I slip in and he whines "Hey! That was my spot!" I send him a look with an brow raised telling him not to go there with me.

"Okay... But I get it on the way back! Medusa..." he mumbles the last part shutting the door and opening the one behind me.

"Never knew I was so popular, you both want to sit next to me" Kate beams in the rear view mirror and I mumble back, "You're not". I get a whack from the back of her hand on my chest. Mainly my left boob. I rub it and I hear two chuckles behind me. "What the fuck is stuck up your ass?.... Ethan's dick?" She mumbles the last part to herself but we all heard it. She turns the car and I punch her on her arm. "OW! Chloe! You gave me a dead arm! AND I'M DRIVING!" She yells out the front window. "Maybe you need one up your ass..." she mumbles again and I hit her in the same spot. I give good dead arms. She stops the car in the middle of the street and glares at me.

"You wanna keep going?" I grill her and she rolls her eyes at me. Continuing on our way down to the place I am so nervous to go back to. Memories I don't want to relive. I sigh when my phone starts to buzz. Seeing the caller ID I let out a frustrated groan seeing it's my mom.