I Don't Think So Honey

CHLOE

"Good morning Mr. Miller and Mr. Miller! Sorry for the short notice. How are you both today?" I greet the two younger Miller siblings with a strong hand shake. Walking into my boardroom where my team are setting up and talking amongst each other. The Miller Inc. team sitting opposite us sitting tentatively for me to arrive. I know they're quite terrified of me, I knew from the last meeting. I scared half of them shitless. Good, I'm here to do a job, if I scare them into doing it then so be it.

"Good morning Chloe" just like their older brother, they greet me by my first name. No doubt Ethan told them to do that because he knows it annoys me. "It's no problem at all, happy to get going on this project" Jason smiles back at me while I walk around greeting the rest of their team and saunter back around to my seat. I lean over the table and press the intercom for Anna to arrange some refreshments for everyone.

"Anna, could you get some waters, teas, coffees, fruit and maybe some breakfast cakes?" She agreed and takes it upon herself to get these on their way. I sit back in the chair and organise myself opening my laptop and a notepad. Clicking my pen and setting it down on top of the fresh white sheet I wait for their other brother to come inside.

Typing in my password I ask, "Is your brother on his way?" Once my desktop makes an appearance of the pictures I took when I was up in my lodge in Canada, I look back over to Jason. Flushed with panic, I start to question why.

"Um, I couldn't get a hold of him this morning. I'm going to go call him now to see where he is?" I nod telling him there's no rush, there's still ten minutes left for Ethan to make the meeting. He gave me his word on being here on time. Jason smiles generously back at me like his dad. Jason has the blue green eyes and the slightly lighter appearance like his father, while the other two take after their mother. Dark and mischievous.

He lifts his phone up to his ear to wait and I turn to ask Caleb who looks close to crapping himself. I smile at him as best I could, and he softens the tense posture he adorned.

"How are you settling in now Caleb?" I ask him using his name to make it less formal.

"I'm good, college doesn't really prepare you for the real world. But so far, it's been good, I'm enjoying it" his eyes wander to Anna who takes her seat beside me. Then back to me. "I'm enjoying this project the most, although we haven't done much on it-"

"That's probably why you find it more enjoyable" I joke with him and he laughs back so he's more relaxed.

"Maybe? I find it more interesting too, I've always liked real estate and construction, so it's fitting for me. I might ask Ethan if I can work on this part of the business more than the others after my probation year" I nod while Jason sighs loudly and puts the phone back up to his ear. This is about the fourth call he's made to him and I'm wondering if he's driving, that's why he's not answering.

"My advice, stick to what you're good at and have an interest in. It'll pay off" I smile and look at the clock seeing it's time to start. Ethan is late, no surprises there but we have to start with or without him. He's taking too long to get here and I'm not waiting any longer for him to arrive. I'm annoyed, yes, but I'll move on from it. His brothers will catch him up to speed with it when he chooses to make an appearance. "I think we should start" I nod over to Denis who agrees and the meeting kicks off.

"I'm sure he's in the car that's why he's not answering" Jason reasons with me and I nod back letting him know it's alright, and it's not his fault. His older brother has never been a good time keeper, ever since high school he's been like this. Strolling into classes super late just to get the looks from all the girls. The way he would saunter to the back of the room modelling off himself for everyone. The guys were secretly envious of him because he could get any girl he wanted, and the girls were obsessed with him and desperate for him to look their way and for him to choose them to date.