One Night Thing

CHLOE

"Suck it in Chloe" I scold myself trying to fit into my skinny jeans. Doing a dance isn't helping either. So, I've resulted to lying down on my bed so I can suck myself in and wriggle into the jeans. I seriously need to lose weight again, I've been gaining so much weight lately and I haven't reformed much of my diet. Maybe, a few of those chocolate snacks here and there haven't helped. I used to eat those but I did go to the gym four times a week to work them off.

Once I hear the outrageous beeping outside my house, I know of only one person who would do that. Ryan Baker. So, when I leap off my bed and pull back my curtains in my living room facing out onto the street over my gates, I see him waving back to me like a maniac, with Kate and Asher in the car too. But they're not all I see. I have some people outside my home with cameras right now.

I groan at them getting ready outside my home for me to leave. That's when I see Asher step out of the backseat and stride up to my front door, trying to meander around them and ignore them all at the same time. Like they all knew that I hate this kind of stuff, because I do. I leave the window and walk over to my sofa to grab my bag once again. Kate had asked me to go furniture shopping with her after work. I forgot that I had said yes to her because my plan was to get prepped for the meeting on Wednesday I have with Miller Inc.. After our teams making rapid progress, we've decided to start construction on the hotel. We have the permit and it was a lot quicker to get the go-ahead than I imagined.

Hearing the knock tells me I need to go now. I tread over to the door with all of my things and swing it open to greet Asher in his casual clothes.

"You ready?" He asks and I nod. Shutting the door behind me I give him a quick hug, like he was waiting for.

Putting one foot in front of the other, I make my way with him towards the car and the cameras in my face. I groan and face Asher who I could feel a hand being placed on my lower back for guidance and reassurance. He knows I hate this sort of thing. When I walk into the middle of the zoo, I can hear them roaring at me and the cameras being thrusted into my face. But I block them as best I can and see the car in my line of sight. Grateful to have been met with it, I slide myself in and shuffle over to the opposite side squeezing both the Baker sibling's shoulders as a greeting and make some room for Asher to get in next to me.

"That's a bit much" Kate points at the strangers still taking pictures of us.

"Step on it" I request and Ryan does as I command with a mock salute. We leave the front of my house and make our way towards the furniture shop Kate had he eye on for the past while. She wants to redecorate her bedroom to a more neutral tone, like a beige. At the moment, it's lavender and she hates it.

"Why were they out their Coco? New sex tape out there that we don't know about?" Ryan teases me and I couldn't help but snort at that. I would be the last person to have one of those.

"I'll leave that shit to Liv" I deadpan at him in the rear-view mirror. Everyone lightly chuckles at my dig at my own sister. But it's true, although people have seemed to have forgotten about it, and the mess has been somewhat cleaned up.

"I couldn't see you doing that anyway. You're better off leaving it to the professionals" Kate comments and I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"Stop! Your car is probably bugged by my mom so I'll get the grief. She has eyes and ears everywhere" I point out. But the questions don't stop there with me. I couldn't hear anything they were talking about or asking me, I was too busy concentrating on not walking into them and getting to the car safely.

"What did they want though?" Kate twists herself around in the seat up front.

"I don't know? I couldn't hear them" I reply truthfully. All I heard was muffled screams of testosterone filled voices that aided me to push along and ignore m own brooding comments.