Chapter 7

Chapter 7 👶

My mom has now become a grandmother and she is just happy that the baby came out perfectly healthy. As the docters then clean up rue i let go of peeta know tht the pain is over. Once he understands i feel normal-ish he gives me a soft kiss on my forehead and brushes my hair out of my face with his hand. Then the nurses hand over rue and it it's me. She wont't have any actual family other than my mother, peeta and I.

When i came to this relization i started to cry because all of peeta family got blown up in the boming of district 12 and i lost my family members little by little, more and more destructive. " katniss look at our daughter she looks just like you" peeta says filled with happines. he doesnt know why im crying or at least he thinks im crying because of my hormones or now that he actually have rue in our hands. Well i want to keep it like that he will most likely then ask me but whatever.

Then when everyone has calmed the news of our new baby and have left us alone i confess to peeta the obsticle that is facing me now. He tells me that he would rather discuss that at home so that train of thougt will have wait. It became sunset when peeta and i were told that i will have to stay at least 2 more days incubated in this hospital so i can rest my body under care and so will rue. All of the docters, even my mother, keept insisting that peeta would go home and rest comfetably peacfully. When i heard peeta being told"you hould go so she stays hear peacfully..." was the comment that struck me because the only way i can rest peacfully is with peeta next to me yet i cant speak in this conversation because this converstion is taking infront of my room, only the part of peeta going home tho the other part was mentioned to both of us.

During this whole coversation going on infront of my room i hear peeta fighting back insiting to stay. At one point i heard his say " look you have to let me stay i dont care wht conditions im put in but i have to! When either of us sleep we can't handle a night unless we are together. I know katniss wouldn't allow of this and she would be backing me up..." he is right so far " if we handle a night sepretly i have one of my episodes and she ends up screaming her lungs out searching for comfert. Every single time she would do that i would be there so i know how to handle that. We uderstand each other like there is no tommorow, the only way she can relax and comfetable heal is with my next to her!"

Every single word he said, true. It was as if he read my thoughts. Then the docters gave in and so did my mother. Thank goodness i was very aliviated at this point. Once he had entered my room i burst into joy "Peeta thank goodnes you got to stay here, i was able to listen to the whole conversation sorry."

" Dont worry you know i will do anything to be with you especialy when you've gone passed a lot today. I dont care what conditions im put but i am doing it all for you." Peeta says with a generous smile across his face.

" You know you'll have to be living, basicly, on that chair" I say with a smirk and giggle

" yup but im doing 'cause i cannot spend one minute without you. Rember you will always be my other half that contains all my hope and life. The only thing i stive for, but now you have competition" he says glaring at the baby " but you will still be at that number one" he says as he stops to sit on my bed and leans in slowy because first of all im still sore from this whole experience and so i could enjoy his secure heartbeat and be able to smell his scent, now natural, of the bakery. As i look into those deep pasionate eyes i can see our family now living in peace fill with love and laughter. Then he gives me a lingering soft kiss. The first one that stirs inside of me after having this baby.

The darkness outside grew and covered the skys in very short time. The muted orange sunset that always calmed me, reminding me of peeta since its his favorite color, is now gone. That was the first sunset we have had as a family. Rue was settled in our room, on peeta's side, and not in the nersury like any other new born because my mother was my docter and we will be staying or two more days. And now we will spend our first night together and i let out a smile.

I felt bad that peeta had to sleep on that chair because it wouldnt give him warmth and he wouldnt be as comfetable as usual since the chair was made of a diffrent type of wood with rough leather. So i made some space in my bed and fourtunatly there was enough space and i convinced him to climb in. It was tough conince since he knew i would have to get squshed a little but i really dont care because we spend nights better together relying on each other warmth and arms to enforce our safty since we hardly trust anyone after all that has happend. After a couple of minutes we fall asleep in each others arms.

The next mourning what wakes me up is the bright yellow sunshine entering our room. Peeta stayed the whole night in this hospital bed was the first thing i noticed as i turned around watching his blue eyes just staring at me. It seems as if he had woken up a long time agai before i did so i held his glare until he came back to relization as he says " good moring ms.mellark" by giving me a short and soft that created the warmth on my lips that i had lost during this night. It was freezing in this hospital. And with a smile i respond back"good morning mr.mellark." Then peeta stood from the bed to help me up a little and turn on the telivision and pick up rue from her crattle.

He then put rue in my arms while he sat in that chair. It became 10 am when rue started crying and fussing so peeta and i gave quizical looks to each then i rember she could have peed or pooped in her dipers. Once i check there is nothing there so i fix it once again as i start singing to her. Nothing we could think of wouldnt work until i relize she might be hungry. So then i tell peeta and decides to look at the time and its 10:30 i would make sense so i started to prepare to brest feed her. But before i did i also felt hungr so i told peeta to go get us some food.

As he left he Kissed me and gave a specialy gentle soft on rue's forehead. It was swet and he left with a smile you can see shine a mile away. By the time he was back with food I was done feeding rue and i started to burp her. Since both of my hands were busy and i was tired peeta instisted on finishing my job and putting her to sleep as he feed me. It took him a while to convince me but with his swaying words he did.

Once peeta put rue to sleep he finished feeding me and then we were lost in each others eyes. He was brushing my hair from my face as well. Then i thought this was the perfect momment to ask him the question that has been on the top of my mind. He told me we would wait until we got home but i am impatient and stubburn so i just went ahead and blurted the quetion out.

"peeta so now that we have nothing to do why dont we think an who will be her "relatives"? since so far her only blood realitive that is alive is my mother" i say wit my voice cracking because im nervouse of his awnser.

"katniss i said we would talk about this at home" he said while turning his face around from mine to look out the window. A few seconds went by and he turned around to look at me and he cupped his face in his hands so he can try to read me. As he does he then lened in and kissed my nose. " katniss u have to be patient we just had her and we should calm down" he says with a remarkably soothing tone.

"i know but we are here anyways and everyone we know lives in this district or in another close by" i say almost with anger. But he just looks at me intesnly and says " fine but when we get home we will spend two more days here so you can relax and we will spred the news." We both landed on a term we can agree on and now i just hope this day will go buyfast for tommorow is my lat day here and i will go back to annie's house and leave district 4 two days later.