Chapter Thirteen

Dec 25th, 2012

Kellin and Mama wave at Mike and I as we walk out to the car. Mike grips onto my hand and walks over to my side of the car. Slowly he opens the door for me and I get in. He leans down and presses a kiss to my lips. I smile at him then he shuts the doors and walks to his own side. I look over at him and he smiles at me then we both take some deep breaths. "They took that really well," I say and he nods his head then reaches over and grabs my hand.

"Did you think they wouldn't?" he asks and I shrug as I sit back and think about what he just asked me.

"I knew they'd be happy but Mike I'm your boyfriend and I'm as far along pregnant as our relationship is. Like... it's kinda weird and I know your family likes me but there are some lines I didn't know they would be okay with me crossing." I say and Mike laughs then turns on the car. Cold air comes out of the vents and I shiver.

"Sorry. It'll warm up soon," he says and I nod my head then lean back in my seat. Mike starts to back out of the driveway and I close my eyes slightly. My hand travels to my stomach. I can hear Mike tapping on the steering wheel with his thumbs and the hum of the car. My breathing was even and there was no talking. Lights ket shining through my eyelids as we drove through the streets and you could hear the sound of the snow crunching under tires.

Slowly I open my eyes and see the glistening snow under the moonlight. A slow smile goes across my face and I look over to Mike. He was driving with one hand and his other hand was on the gear shift. I take his hand into mine and he looks over at me. He smiles lovingly. "Merr-" Mike says then we hear a loud horn go off and we snap our heads to the windshield and see a car spinning out in front of us.

A loud scream leaves me as Mike tries to dodge the car and but we don't miss and go into a collision. All the force hits me and I realize right then.... I never put on my seat belt.