Chapter 19

March 9th, 2013

A loud knock at the front door radiates through the house and I let out a small sigh. With Mike playing drums in the basement I would have to grab the door. Quickly I roll my eyes then rub my growing bump and slowly stand up off the couch. More loud knocks fill the air and irritation fills me, "Give me a minute!" I yell as I straighten myself out then head towards the front door. Finally, I get there with the knocking persisting and fling the door wide open. "Dude let up! What do you want?" I ask looking the man over. He was dirty with a stench that filled the area around him. The man gives me a smile which reveals a set of missing teeth and the ones he was able to contain were yellow and decayed. 

"Yeah, I'm looking for Mike," he says as he raises his arm to scratch the back of his neck. 

"Hold..... Um, hold on a minute." I say then close the door and go to the stairs. "Mike! Some weirdo is here!" I yell but the drums don't stop. "Mike!" I yell again but yet again there was no answer. Suddenly a great idea pops into my head, along with an evil smirk going across my face. "THE BABY IS COMING!" I yell then hear the drums fall over. Quickly Mike comes running up the stairs like a drunken sailor. 

"What! It's too early!" he screams then looks up at me wide-eyed. Happily, I flash him a smile then wave innocently at him. In a moment his eyes go from wide and afraid to shocked then he glares at me. "You know if you do this too much it's going to be like the boy who called wolf," he grumbles as he walks the rest of the way up the stairs. 

"Well, you'll only pay attention to me when I say shit like that when you're in drum mode," I explain as I go on my toes and press a kiss to his lips. "Anyways there is some... Dude outside for you." I say and he raises his eyebrow then walks to the front door. Without question, Mike opens the door and looks at the man standing outside. I watch curiously as a wide smile goes across his face then pulls the dirty man in for a hug. While they did the hug I felt the baby kick and a small smile goes across my face. 

"Dude what are you doing here?" Mike asks happily. I watch the two interact then begin to head to the kitchen. 

"I heard you were having a little brat and I thought 'not my Mike' but I guess everything I've heard is true," he says stopping me dead in my tacks, now listening to Mike wondering if he'll allow this person to talk about our daughter that way. Quickly Mike looks over at me and takes in a deep breath. With clenched teeth he scratches the back of his neck and shakes his head, slowly letting out a dry chuckle. 

"Yup. I'm getting tied down to me love and my kid," he says to him. Shaking my head I roll my eyes as I walk the rest of the way into the kitchen. All three of us head to the dining room table and take out seats, the man sitting in a strange way with his legs up. 

"Well, that sucks," he says and my eyes go wide.

"Who are you to-" I start but Mike grabs my hand. I give him a look then slowly take a deep breath. 

"Why are you here Keifer? We haven't talked in almost... a year? What all the sudden brings you to my house; my house where my child will be raised?" Mike asks and I turn my attention back to, who I now know as Keifer. 

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot why I tracked you down. I figured you'd be bored and dude I just got this amazing shit from Dingo! The boys all thought you'd need to take an edge off," he says like it was obvious. Fury rises in my as I stare at him wide-eyed and wrap my arms around my growing bump. 

"What the hell is wrong with you? I have a little girl on the way, and if you couldn't tell, I plan on being around for her," Mike says and I take in a deep breath. 

"Whatever you pussy," he says laughing slightly. "I have three daughters and two sons. I still do whatever the fuck I want to do," he says looking over at Mike with duh look on his face. Suddenly Mike's jaw clenches and he stand up, now towering over Keifer.  

"Listen, Keifer, you need to leave. I'm not some drunk idiot anymore." Mike says looking him in the eyes and glaring. Slowly Keifer's eyes move over to me and they narrow into a glare. My hold on my bump tightens as a feeling of fear fills my stomach. 

"You're going to let an asshole tie you down? Not even good pussy just good ass. What is wrong with you man, and don't even get me started on that kid!" he says to Mike standing up and pointing at my stomach. Quickly I jump to my feet and land a solid punch to Keifer's face. In a flash, he had fallen to his knees and starts to groan. 

"Serves you right you piece of trash," I spit out towards him. "Get the fuck out of my house," I say as I walk out of the kitchen and walk up the stairs. In the background, I can hear Mike forcing Keifer to leave and never come back.

How dare he say anything about our child, he has no right! I know this baby isn't what most would call normal but I can't wait for her to be here. Tears leave my face as I sit down on the bed and just cry. The thoughts of people judging and saying hurtful things to my daughter clouds my mind and hurt immensely. Also, the thought of Mike going back to doing drugs and drinking all the time causes small pains in my heart. He was never a full drug addict but he was a partier and a heavy one at that. I couldn't handle him and a baby if he went back to that kind of life. 

After a while, Mike quickly comes into the room and wraps his arms around me. "Baby why are you letting that bums words get to you?" he asks and I let out a little hiccup.

"Cause if that's what he thinks what does that mean about our fans, our friends, or family? What if they all believe I'm bad for you? Or what if they start to say that our baby is wrong? I mean it's not normal that I'm a guy and you're a guy and we're having a baby!" I cry out to him. Slowly he pulls away to wipe tears from my eyes then presses a kiss to my forehead. 

"Tony he only thought those things because he wanted his party buddy and because I'm not doing that anymore he's decided that you're bad for me. In truth, you're amazing for me and our baby is a gift. Tony, I swear no one is thinking like that and if they are they're dicks." he says and I laugh nodding my head.

"I also have another thought on my mind," I say lightly. 

"What baby?" 

"I know you would never hurt me or the baby, so when I say this don't think I'd ever think that," I say grabbing his hand and taking a deep breath. "But I need you to know that if you ever went back to the life, or did drugs again, I would take her and leave," I say and Mike takes in a deep ragged breath. 

"I understand why you would want to leave," he says nodding his head slowly, "but I have no plans on going back to that life. It was never a life I wanted but I stayed with it cause it worked. That life ended the second I had you," he says and I smile at him. 

"As I said, I don't see it happening. I just wanted you to know," I explain the both of us go quiet for a second. Yet again Mike wiped my tears away then presses a kiss to my lips. I grab the back of his neck and press my body close to his. He wraps his arms around my waist and the kiss starts to get more heated. Small pants leave me as I kiss him harder and Mike reaches for my shirt.

I let out a small groan then his lips slip to my neck. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." he whispers then attacks my neck again causing me to moan.