Chapter 23

April 26th, 2013

Dr. Roseland walks into the room making Mike and I look up wide-eyed. She takes a deep breath then takes a seat. "She's doing better. You'll be able to see her today," he says and I place my hand over my mouth. She sends me a kind smile. I look at Mike then I start to cry and he wraps me in his arms. It's been three days since our daughter was born and she was so bad we didn't even get to see her till now.

She's a little fighter.

"We're going to meet her!" Mike says then kisses the side of my head over and over. I start to cry harder then wrap my arms around, Mike, as well. He pulls away from me slightly and looks at me confused.

"Why are you crying so hard? Aren't you happy?" he asks and I nod my head then get everything together.

"Of course I'm happy but I... I'm so scared to see her and see the truth of the damage I caused by not going full term with her," I say and he grips onto my shoulders and pulls me into a hug.

"Baby this isn't your fault and I know you feel it is, but it isn't. I know you're struggling but you need to stay strong for Catalina. For our little girl who is going to live a long life and we're going to need to raise her." he says and I nod my head.

"You're right," I whisper then he leans down and presses a kiss to my lip. I kiss him back when we look at Dr. Roseland and smile at her. She gestures for us to follow her with her head then walks out of the room. Quickly Mike and I walk behind her and soon enough we get to the ICU. I take a deep breath and bite my lip when we walk in.

"Alright you guys are going to have to put these scrubs on," she says then Mike and I nod our heads and start to get the scrubs on. I turn Mike's and he ties mine then he presses a light kiss to my lips. I smile then together we walk into the ICU and Dr. Roseland leads us over to what looks to be a glass case. "Here is your little girl."

More tears come to my eyes and Mike wraps his arms around me

More tears come to my eyes and Mike wraps his arms around me. "She's so beautiful," he whispers and I nod my head but she's still so little and frail.

"She's going to be so amazing. I can feel it, Mike, she's going to be." I cry and I turn into Mike's chest. He holds me close and laughs slightly.

"Mother's intuition?" he asks and I let out a laugh and look at my little girl.

"Yeah, mother's intuition." I sigh then shake my head. I don't know why but I know she'll be okay. She's not okay right now but she'll be okay.