Chapter 3- Long Stories Left Untold

Chapter 3
Long Stories Left Untold

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"I apologize that I'm late.." Frea murmured softly, her voice low and slightly weary as she drew to a halt, her boots clicking softly on the polished marble floor.

Her hands moved up to pull her hood from obscuring her features, her silver gaze resting on the man in front of her silently, expression neutral as he looked her over in similar silence, if not slight tenseness.

The grand halls and corridors were silent apart from the occasional shuffle of feet and quite murmurs passed between the few that moved through them. Sunlight shone in through the openness, the pillars spaced apart by large intervals and the floor glinting in its light. 

"I was held up with another Job we finished only this morning, Chairman." Frea grumbled lowly, her tone slightly edgy as the old man gazed at her steadily. It was clear they were tense with one another, and why not? In her earlier years the Council had been an enemy to her, and as still held them in disdain even now.

Not that she had much choice on the matter of being around them, not any more any way.... She was more often in the HQ of the Magic Council than she was at the Guild on most occasions- and for good reason.

Frea took in a small breath, calming herself slightly as she shook her head, her silver eyes glinting as she crossed her arms about her chest.

"... Hmm, you called?" Frea murmured softly, "I assume it's important, otherwise you wouldn't have requested me so quickly." She blinked, noticing the sudden flux of seriousness pricking from the old man. She blinked, eyebrow raised and eyes glittering in question- he sighed and stepped past her.

"Walk with me."

Frea paused, stepping sideways as he moved past her, sweatdropping slightly as she blinked. Slowly, ever so slowly, she started after the man, silver eyes glinting.

"You're being unusually grim, old man..." Frea mumbled lowly,

".... Hmm, well- I thought it best I choose how I present this mission to you as carefully as I can." He replied. Frea blinked in question. "Considering how attached you are to the subject." Her eyes narrowed at him, but he didn't spare a glance her way, not for an instant.

".... I have thought of countless ways to ask you to handle this situation, and countless times I have failed to find a way to request what it is I want of you.... Simply because I know very well how you will react." Frea stiffened slightly, eyes narrowed to slits as she followed him through the building, through archways that opened to the sky, looking out over the Council's main base of operations, the sun starting to sink on the horizon. Those few passerby in the halls shot the both of them looks, before shuffling away quickly.

"... So I think it best I simply take the most direct approach and ask without meandering about the subject in unneeded ways." Frea stiffened, biting the inside of her cheek a bit, a small part of her growing impatient.

".... The Council has recently located the base of operations of operations of those few remaining in Death Bolt."

Frea stopped walking, the old man took a few steps forward before pausing himself, his hands crossed behind his back and eyes falling closed.