Chapter 9- Loud Halls

Chapter 9
Loud Halls

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Frea watched silently as Corbynn rapped his knuckles against the heavy word door of Porlyusica's tree, his eyes fixed ahead and both their ears on high alert for some response from the inside.

"Hey, Granny!" Corbynn called through the door, his head tilted as he waited for some semblance of noise outside the rustle of the trees and the flap of wings overhead.

"... she's not here." Frea murmured after a moment, Corbynn glanced backward at her slowly.

"Are you guessing or do you actually know that?" He asked, she blinked at him, sweatdropping slightly.

"...... Guessing." She answered slowly and at length, he frowned slightly.

"Is it really that bad? That you can't even pick out the Old Woman's Energy Signature?" He asked immediately, she sighed.

"... Yeah. I'm having a hard enough time picking out yours." She answered quietly. He stiffened slightly,

"........ You're kidding." He grumbled,

"Unfortunately I'm not." She replied lowly, shaking her head slightly as if to clear her senses of some haze... He knew it would do little good, she knew it too.

His eyes flicked downward from her face toward her hands, winding over the rings on her pointer fingers and thumbs, his eyes narrowing when he saw small, hairline cracks running along the surface of the one on her index finger of her right hand.

"..... You alright?" He asked after a moment, his eyes moving back up toward her eyes. She blinked at him, fave neutral for a minute.

"... Yeah. I'm good." She murmured, smiling slightly. "Hungry and tired as all hell, but I'm alright." He bit the inside of his cheek, looking conflicted for a minute.

".... Let's go to the Guild. Maybe Granny's there." He suggested, she smiled at him, her eyes glinting slightly. ".... We can probably grab some food on the way through town, but we won't stay too long, alright?"

"Sounds good to me." She smirked, he shook his head slightly. "I still gotta stop by the Mayor's to pay off Fairy Hills too."

"Great....." He grumbled, he heard her chuckle under her breath at that. She stepped to the side to allow him room to walk down the stairs, still smiling as he stepped past her.

She followed him back down the steps without a word, and still in total silence even as she rest on arm on his shoulder lightly, and kept it there as they passed under the trees, moving ever toward Magnolia.

Corbynn glanced upward toward her, seeing she had let her eyes fall closed as she allowed him to lead her, a small, faint smile on her face though he could see the exhaustion lingering there still.... Frea was good at hiding most things, but he could usually see what others couldn't.

Or maybe she let him see things she wouldn't other people....

"What kind of food do you want?" He murmured after taking a moment to let out a small sigh. "I'm buying this time."

"Ahh, then you get to pick what we eat." Frea replied softly, "I'm always good with anything, as long as it's edible."

"When's the last time you had a proper meal?" He asked lowly,