Chapter 7- Ache

Chapter 7
Ache

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

The world was spinning, a wreathing mass of blackened and shadowy figures pulling and prodding at every side of him. Hushed voices whispered in the corners, the echoed and disjointed sounds of people screaming and shouting, voices jumbled and yet some of them seemed familiar, but yet not enough to place them.

He turned this way and that slowly, his icy blue eyes scanning the greyscale flashes of images appearing in the midst of the dark.

This place wasn't unfamiliar, he had been here a few times.... Maybe too many times, but at least it was nothing to panic over.

His attention turned when the image of a young woman with short choppy hair and a bandana appeared in the shadows, before being promptly replaced by indistinguishable faces. He turned again, his attention fixing the familiar face of the very person he was with at the moment- or at least, in the waking world.

He blinked, the movement of the darkness around him suddenly stilling, as suddenly pale grey engulfed everything- and suddenly there stood in front of him, her back turned to him.

His head tilted slightly, eyebrow quirked as she glanced over her shoulder toward him, her silver eye catching his as he felt himself stiffen.

She was covered in crimson, blood dripping from her mouth, eyes and nose as scarlet stains suddenly held through the clothes on her back, dripping against the floor in steady rhythm.

He felt his heart jump, his body rigid and blood running cold at the entirely unexpected image suddenly appearing in front of him. This wasn't the normal occurrence for these dreams, they were all past images, memories... This hadn't happened. At least, not like this...

He felt his heart nearly stop, a bead of sweat falling down his face as he swallowed, hard.

"... W... Wait...."

He stepped forward, but she was gone in a sudden haze, as a black wave rose up to meet him, swing him sprawling backward in a sudden flood of pitch black ocean.

.:+:.

He started forward, his eyes snapping open and gasping slightly as his attention fixed to the pale light of dawn falling over the grassy glen they lay in.

His eyes snapped sideways, seeing her lying in the grass with her back to him, still very much asleep and not even moving as he woke up. He could hear her breathing, it was deep, and calm.... But his heart jumped again when he noticed the cloak over her back had small dark flecks on it.

He hissed, his jaw clenching as he sweatdropped. He'd not bothered to ask, but if she was already having trouble focusing after Death Bolt, she may have done more than just exhaust her Magic Power.

His fists clenched at his sides, anger and annoyance flaring inside of him- not just at himself, but at her too.

He knew damn well she would never say anything if she was hurt.

"You idiot!!" He snapped aloud, earning a groggy response from her as she slowly pulled herself from her sleep, a yawn pulling at her lips as she turned slightly toward him, eyebrow quirked.

"...mm? ... It's.... It's before dawn, what the hell are you yelling about..?" She yawned again, the words broken apart by it. She rolled over slightly to face him, but he pushed her back away from him, feeling her stiffen and grow rigid under his touch when his hands hit her back. What was worse, she felt hot against his touch, more than what should have been normal, and he heard her hiss under her breath.