Chapter 5- Bad Days

Chapter 5
Bad Days

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

The sun slowly sunk toward the horizon, the dying rays casting out over the barren, grassy glen of the land, far away from any town, or city, and nothing but the faint whistle of the wind over the grass and the distant sound of birds could be heard.

Frea let out a low breath as she moved along the grassy hills, her cloak flowing in the wind behind her and face hidden by her hood as she continued forward at a slow pace, her eyes closed and head bowed.

.... Everything's so quiet out here.... Peaceful even, lighter.

She swallowed slightly, sweatdropping a little as she let out a low breath.

... It'll be another day or two before I reach the Guild again... Maybe that's for the best, I need sometime to just..... Be in silence. To be alone to think.

She slowed slightly, her eyes opening as she glanced ahead, her eyes glinting as she caught sight of a motionless figure ahead of her, arms crossed over their chest and eyes locked forward, locked to her.

.... Maybe not so much 'alone' after all...

"How long have you been waiting?" She asked quietly, coming to halt in front of the figure; a boy of about 14. His icy blue gaze locked to her with a neutral expression, his copper hair short and brushed back ever so loosely, light glinting from the single silver hoop in his ear. He wore combat boots matched with a dark grey military jacket and black pants, as well as a pale red shirt.

"Have you been following me since Hargeon?" Frea asked after a moment of silence between them both, he simply blinked at the question, she sighed slightly.

"..... You're angry." She mumbled, easily able to feel his anger prickling on the air. Though agitation, or rage, or annoyance... She couldn't tell. It was a pain to focus, her head ached and for a moment she had to close her eyes against the pain.

"Today one of those days?" He asked flatly, his eyebrow raising a moment when she closed her eyes, and there were faint traces of pain on her face for but a moment. Frea opened her eyes to look at him, grimacing slightly.

"Unfortunately, yes." She mumbled quietly, for a moment she looked... Exhausted. The younger immediately noted it.

"Bad?" He asked, his voice and expression ever neutral. Frea paused, not long, but enough he noticed it.

".... Moderate." She answered, eyes glinting. For a moment they passed into a silence that was considerably tense, Frea sweatdropped slightly. This wasn't the first time she wished he would stop being so damned stoic, she wished he'd just let himself blow up- and yet she knew he wouldn't do that. She shook her head slightly,

".... I'm waiting. Yell at me already." She sighed, he blinked, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Tch.... You really are such a dumbass." He growled, his voice suddenly losing neutrality as anger worked its way in. "How dare you go off on your own? How dare you not tell me where you were going?" He hissed lowly, eyes narrowed to slits yet his voice was so level. "I had every right to come, and yet you deliberately left me out of it. How selfish is that? Do you think I can't handle it? What gives you the right to finish all of this on your bloody own?" Frea swallowed slightly,

Stoic voice... But that's anger prickling. Anger and pain.

A flash of pain ran through her own head and she did her best not to wince.