Chapter 12- Forced Or True?

Chapter 12
Forced Or True?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Corbynn blinked, his eyes landing on the girl that approached him from among the crowd of excited onlookers- he only faintly aware of the sound of Salamander and the Ice Mage getting their asses kicked by Moon and Uno.

He had done as Frea wished, mingling and introducing himself to everyone, learning names, though he still kept glancing back and forth toward the hall despite himself.

The girl coming toward him now smiled softly, her long hair a navy blue color pulled into pigtails, her hazel eyes glinting. She was as tall as he was, and looked just about as old as he did (though maybe that was inaccurate, but it didn't seem any of the Tenrou team had aged at all even in seven years).

He turned her way as he noticed her, blinking slightly as she smiled at him.

"Hello." She smiled, "I don't think we've had the chance to meet, you came in with Frea, didn't you?"

"Hey." He murmured, nodding a little. "Yeah, that was me, name's Corbynn."

"I'm Wendy, it's nice to meet you." The bluenette smiled brightly, he offered a small one back, a break from his usually stoic expression.

"You're the Sky Dragon Slayer, right?" He asked, she blinked, looking a bit flustered he knew.

"O-oh! Yes, I didn't think anyone would mention me." She tapped her fingers together,

"Why not? You're a Dragon Slayer- and powerful one from what Frea and Chase have said." He murmured, Wendy blinked at that, blushing slightly. "Even as young as you are, what I've heard the other long-time Members say is impressive." She blushed a bit more,

"... Oh... I'm not that impressive..." She murmured modestly, he had to keep himself from chuckling, finding her reaction quite amusing. ".. You're a member of the Guild right?" Wendy asked, changing the subject now aw he nodded to her.

"For a few years now." He smiled slightly, she blinked in slight surprise.

"You must have joined up really young then, you're the same age as me... And it's been a long time." Wendy murmured,

"I'm the youngest one in the Guild, technically." He replied, "Though most people around here don't tend to notice age or anything.... Hehe, I actually doubt any of the old guys even know how old I am." He added in, with a flick of his head toward Wakaba and Macao. Wendy smiled slightly, looking amused.

"What brought you to the Guild?" Wendy asked, Corbynn blinked.

".. same reason Solana and Aisha joined, Moon, Iki and Uno too." He replied, she tilted her head a little. ".... we joined 'cause Frea and Chase were working to disband a... An allied group of three Major Dark Guilds, called the Flash Beast Triad." Wendy's eyes widened, looking a little wary. "We each had our own reasons for wanting them gone, I think everyone in Fiore does... but we've stuck with the Guild for more than just the Triad." Corbynn smiled, just faintly as Wendy did too, though she thought she saw something like sadness make its way into him for a small moment.

"And you?" He asked, snapping Wendy's thoughts away from that as she smiled in return.

"Ah, my old Guild kind of... disbanded, I guess. Carla and I didn't have anywhere to go, and we had been working with Natsu and the others beforehand, so they invited us to join." Wendy replied brightly, though there was a small flash of sadness in her heart at the thought of it- she didn't let it show though. Corbynn nodded slightly, tucking his hands in his jacket pockets.