0.3 Over Thinking

Theo drove quickly, trying to keep up with Malia. He knew the hunters could already be killing more supernaturals. He wanted these hunters dead so he didn't spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

Scott wanted to resolve this without killing but Theo was ready to do what he had to to survive. He wasn't going to let this pack get him killed. He wasn't going back to hell.

Malia pulled off to the side of the road suddenly, forcing Theo to slam breaks. His truck came to a screeching halt, fishtailing for a few feet. Malia knocked on his window, nearly breaking it. He rolled it down, immediately being hit with the smell of her chemo signals.

"What's wrong?" She reeked of worry and anxiety.

"Mason called, he's at the school, he thinks they found something." Theo decided to go to Mason and Corey.

"I'll go see what Mason has, you go to the hospital." He moved to roll his window up when he remembered what Liam asked.

"Hey Malia! Check on Liam's dad. He asked me to and I said I'd keep him safe." Malia nodded before driving away.

Theo turned his truck around and headed for the school. He was thinking of calling Liam to tell him the change in plans when their last moment together flashed in his mind. He slammed breaks for the second time that night.

"I kissed him!" Theo stared out the window, freaking out about his carelessness.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" He started driving again, trying to come up with an excuse for kissing Liam.

By the time the chimera made it to the school he was still at a loss for an excuse.

"This better be good Mason. I left Malia to take on the hunters by herself." He found Mason and Corey in the library.

"The Twin Heroes." Mason called looking like he found the answer to everything.

"What?" Theo grabbed the book and looked it over, it was something about magical twins.

"What about them?" Theo gave him back the book.

"The twins' mother was killed by an Anuk-ite. A two faced man came to the mother's cabin, for four days straight, when her husband was away hunting. She took her husband's warning to heart and didn't look at him, always keeping her back to him. On the fourth day her curiosity got the better of her and she looked. The man was two faced, he killed her and ate her. Ripping her child from her body and tossing it into the woods, not knowing there was a twin." Theo had no clue where he was going with this and was growing tired.

"Long story short, when the twins got older they met and avenged their mother's murder. They killed the Anuk-ite." So the creature was killable.

"Well that's good and all but last time I checked, we're fresh out of twins." Theo threw his hands in the air, feeling like this was a waste of time.

"Well yeah, we knew that, but each myth about the Anuk-ite says it has been killed. It can be killed Theo!" Now they were getting somewhere.

"Does it say how?" Theo grabbed the book and started looking through it.

"Not from what we can see but we'll keep looking. You should go to Scott, tell him what we found. We haven't been able to get a hold of him." Theo didn't like the sound of that.

"He was heading to Deaton's office. I'll go check on him, you two work on a way to kill this thing." Theo turned and ran to his truck.

Liam was with Scott. If Scott is hurt, Liam could be hurt as well. He didn't care about drawing attention, he drove as quickly as he could. His heart was racing and his truck wouldn't go fast enough.

At some point, in the last few months, he started to care for the angry beta. He didn't know when or how, but he didn't want the kid to get hurt. He tried to protect him but Liam had a short fuse with a tendency to get into danger at every turn. Theo knew he had done messed up shit and didn't deserve any second chances from the pack but that didn't mean he couldn't help them.

Theo pulled into the parking lot of the animal clinic, hopping out from his truck and running inside.

"Liam!" He ran to the back to see Scott on the floor, out cold, but no Liam.

"Scott!" He kneeled down by Scott and tried to wake him up.

"C'mon Scott!" He tried slapping him but it didn't work so he hit him harder.

"Scott!" He roared hoping it would get through to him.

"Theo?" Scott looked around trying to find his beta.

"They took him. They took Liam!" Scott stood up, with help from Theo.

"Who took him? Scott! Who took Liam?" Theo's heart was racing. If something happened to Liam, Theo didn't know if he could keep from killing the hunters.

"Nolan and Gabe. They took him, we have to find him." Theo knew Scott wasn't up for a search and rescue.

"I'll find him, you go help Malia. Don't worry Scott, I won't let anything happen to him." For some reason Scott believed him.

"Ok." Scott agreed and they both headed for their vehicles.

"I think you should take my truck, you're in no condition to balance a motorcycle." Once again Scott agreed and gave his helmet to Theo.

Theo had Liam's scent memorized, it was easy to follow. Theo wasn't used to driving a motorcycle but in his rush he didn't care if he looked good. He followed Liam's scent to the same house he was tortured in.

He parked the bike and tried to listen for anybody wandering around outside. When he heard only three heart beats he rushed inside. He followed the rapid beat he knew belonged to Liam.

He found Liam in the basement with Gabe and Nolan. Gabe had a hand gun pointed at Liam's head, who was tied to a metal fence. He looked defeated and drained. Liam squeezed his eyes shut as Gabe got ready to shoot him.

"Goodbye Liam." Theo rushed forward and grabbed Gabe's hand, jerking it up and keeping him from shooting Liam.

"I wouldn't." His eyes were glowing and he was fighting the urge to kill both teen boys.

Theo tossed Gabe into a wall, knocking him out before turning and doing the same thing to Nolan. He freed Liam and helped him to sit down away from the fence.

He searched the beta frantically with his eyes, trying to find any other injuries that the hunters could have done.

"Are you ok?" He was worried they may have poisoned him.

"I'm fine! Where's Scott?" Theo didn't care what Liam would do to him. He was too focused on the fact that he saved him, he was alive. He could have been too late, he could have gotten here in time to watch a bullet go through Liam's head; but he saved him. He got here just in time. Liam was alive.

Theo leaned forward and kissed Liam . This time it wasn't a quick peck on the lips. This time he kissed him properly. Cupping his cheek lightly with his hand, he pressed his lips to Liam's. Theo didn't even care that Liam didn't kiss back, he just needed that connection.

When he pulled back Liam was looking at him in a new way. Almost mesmerized by Theo. For the first time, since meeting the young beta, Theo didn't feel hatred. He smiled at Liam, leaning in again to kiss him. Liam pulled back and slapped Theo.

It was a quick reaction, one the beta didn't think through. Theo looked at him stunned, rubbing his cheek where the red hand print was already fading.

"Stop doing that!"