.12 Aftermath

Theo felt calm. For the first time in a long time Theo felt calm and peaceful. His dreams weren't plagued by nightmarish images of his sister ripping his heart out. He didn't have some cop banging on his car window, telling him to leave. He was on a soft mattress, under a warm blanket, wrapped in a warm embrace.

Theo's eyes slowly opened, seeing the sun peeking into the room, making him groan and close his eyes tighter. He moved to turn away from the light only to be stopped by a strong arm wrapped around his waist. He glanced back to see Liam asleep, slightly loud snores slipping past his lips. Liam had his arm wrapped around Theo's waist, keeping Theo close to him. Theo smiled as the night before flashed in his mind.

The night before Liam and Theo confessed their love, and decided to give a relationship between them a chance. Theo couldn't have been more happy than the moment Liam said he loved him. They had kissed for a bit longer before Liam yawned so big his eyes started to water. Theo chuckled and told him to get some sleep. Theo had stood up to go to his new room when Liam wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him down on the bed. Theo laughed and looked at the beta who wrapped himself around Theo like a koala.

"What are you doing baby wolf?" Theo asked while wrapping his arms around Liam and pulling him closer. "I'm going to sleep. Can you turn off the light? I'm too comfortable." Liam snuggled closer making it nearly impossible for Theo to reach over and turn off Liam's bedside lamp. 

It was the most comfortable Theo had ever slept, even if he wasn't allowed to move very much. Even now with the sun blinding him he was content. He wouldn't mind laying here all day if that's what Liam wanted. Liam squeezed him a bit tighter and buried his face in the pillow under him. Theo chuckled and laced his fingers with Liam's holding his arm in place. 

Just as Theo closed his eyes he heard Liam's bedroom door open. "Sweetheart, did The... Oh." Liam's mom had went to ask her son where their new house guest was only to find him in Liam's bed. She saw the two boys spooning and gave a soft smile till she noticed Theo looking at her like a deer caught in the head lights. "Hi Honey, breakfast is ready if you and Liam want to join us." She gave him a warm, motherly smile before leaving the room. 

Theo could smell the breakfast she had mentioned. It's been so long since he's had a warm home cooked meal. His stomach rumbled with hunger. "Uh Liam?" Theo reached behind him and shook the beta lightly. "Liam?" He said a bit louder, using more force to shake Liam. "Come on baby wolf? At least let me go so I can eat." Liam groaned and rolled away from Theo, who followed him and rested his chin on Liam's chest. "You're really gonna let me eat breakfast alone. With your parents. All by myself." Theo knew he was being annoying but after Mrs.Geyer walking in on them in bed, he really didn't want to be alone with them. 

Liam peeked at Theo through one eye, smiling slightly. "Maybe I am. Why would that be so bad?" Theo figured Liam would take it a bit more serious if he knew what happened. "Because your mom came in here before you woke up and saw you clinging to my back like a baby chimp." He smiled at Liam who was slowly turning red. "I was not clinging to you. I-I was spooning you." Liam glared at the chimera who started to laugh. "Oh yeah, and what do you call last night. Cuddling?" Liam pushed him away and stood up. "Well next time I won't cuddle with you." Liam snapped.

Theo crawled to Liam's side and stood up, wrapping his arms around Liam's midsection. "I like it. I like your cuddling pup." Theo kissed Liam bare shoulder, hugging him tighter. "Now who's clinging to who?" Liam teased as he turned in Theo's embrace and kissed Theo quickly on his lips. "Let's go get breakfast?" Theo nodded and followed Liam downstairs and into the dining room.

Dr. and Mrs. Geyer were sitting at the table, chatting away about seemingly nothing. "Hey mom, what's for breakfast?" Liam sat down at the table and Theo followed, keeping his eyes to the ground. "Pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs." Liam's mom listed off as she filled her son's plate. "Theo what would you like?" Liam's mom asked with a warm smile. "Pancakes and eggs?" Theo asked quietly. She nodded and placed some food on Theo's plate before sitting and returning to her own breakfast.