0.9 Cold Shoulder

Scott had everyone gather at his house. He needed to tell the pack what happened at the school. He also just needed to make sure everyone was ok. When Theo and Mason drove up Liam was the first one out the door, followed by Corey and Scott. Liam looked over Mason before quickly moving onto Theo. "Are you guys ok?" Theo ignored him and brushed past him, walking into the house without a single look at Liam.

When Liam asked Mason what happened he just told him that they fought Aaron but he still got away. He didn't tell him what was wrong with Theo or give him any hints on how to help. He watched Theo as Scott told them what Lydia and Malia found out about the Anuk-ite. Theo could feel Liam's eyes on him but he just couldn't look at him. He was ashamed for putting Liam through everything he did when it was all fake. He didn't want to have to tell Liam that he didn't care when he knew how much Liam was struggling with his feelings. Liam was afraid that he did something wrong. He worried that his silence and rudeness to Theo earlier gave him the wrong idea. He worried Theo hated him.

Scott warned them all that they couldn't look at the Anuk-ite. He wanted them all to stay there while he got Isaac and filled him in. Malia left with Scott, leaving Theo, Mason, Liam, and Corey alone. Liam got up to talk to Theo but he walked out of the house. Liam watched as he got in his truck and drove away. He wanted to chase after him but he knew Theo would just drive faster.

Liam went back inside and sat next to Mason on the couch. He laid back and watched the wall across from him. Mason and Corey sat in silence for a moment, both trying to find words to say. Corey couldn't take the silence anymore so he stood up. "I'm hungry. Are you guys hungry? I'm gonna make some sandwiches." He walked off without waiting for their answers.

"Hey Mas, can I ask you a question? And can you answer it completely honestly, no detail too small?" Mason wasn't sure what Liam wanted but he nodded his head, muttering a simple, "Sure." "How did you know?" Mason gave him a questioning look, unsure what Liam was asking. "How did you know you were into guys? How did you know you were gay?" Liam finally looked at him. Though Mason didn't know why Liam asked this, when he never has once in their friendship, something in his eyes told him Liam needed the answer.

"Well, if I'm being honest, I always knew. I just didn't feel the same about girls as the other boys. All the boys used to talk about girls being pretty or cute and I just didn't see it. Don't get me wrong, girls are pretty, but I just liked boys more." Mason wasn't sure he answered the question the way Liam had hoped. Liam didn't look satisfied, if anything he looked like he had more questions.

"Sandwich?" Corey walked in with a plate that held three sandwiches. He placed them on the table before sitting by Mason. "What about you Corey?" Liam looked hopeful. Mason and Corey were the only gay friends he had. If they could help shed some light on his situation then he was willing to tell them what was going on. If they couldn't he would just have to try and figure it out himself.

"What about me?" Corey looked to Mason before looking back at Liam. "How did you know you were gay?" Corey wasn't expecting that. Of all things Liam could have asked him, that was last on a list he never thought to think of. "At first I didn't know. I used to be into girls. I had a girlfriend for nearly six months before I figured it out." Liam sat up straight and looked at Corey. He was more interested in what Corey had to say now. "What helped you realize it?" Corey chuckled at the excited look on Liam's face.

"A guy kissed me at a school dance." This was sounding more like him and Theo. "Up until then I had always liked girls but something was always missing. It felt like I was forcing the attraction. When the guy kissed me it was different. I usually kissed my girlfriend and felt no kind of attraction to her. It was like I did it because it's what was expected of me. But when the guy kissed me, it felt right and easy..." Corey trailed off but Liam knew what he meant. "I met my ex that night. Ever since then I knew I liked guys." Liam still had questions.