.20 The trade

Theo knew his time was limited. He could see his sealed fate in the eyes of the Scottish alpha before him. He wanted Theo dead. He wanted Theo to pay for a crime he did not commit. There was no convincing him otherwise. He had made up his mind, his companions agreeing with him. Theo wouldn't not get to say goodbye to Liam. He wouldn't get to kiss his baby wolf one last time. Those things were a luxury Theo was not fit for. At least not in the eyes of the alpha.

The tall red head had entered the room some time after pulling the bald man out. He had a black wooden box in his hands. The tall man gave Theo a sadistic smile. He knew what was in the box, he knew what it would do to Theo, and he couldn't wait. "The beta had tried to hide it in the sewers. I had Conner get it." The alpha nodded but did not speak.

He took the box from the red head and set it aside on a table. Theo feared what was in the box. He could only guess what they had planned to do to him. They believed he killed their sister. They believed he let the doctors rip her apart. They more than likely planned on doing the same to Theo.

"Ewan?" The bald man stepped into the room, clutching a phone in his hand. Theo could pick up someone on the line but they weren't talking. "What is it Murphy?" The alpha, Ewan, turned to the bald man. He sounded tried. "Derek Hale." Murphy held out the phone. Theo perked up slightly. Derek was with the pack. This couldn't be a coincidence. The pack was looking for him.

"Derek Hale, it's been a long time." Ewan had a fond smile on his face. It didn't reach his eyes. Theo kept his head down but he focused his hearing, trying to pick up what Derek said. Unfortunately Ewan left the room before Theo couldn't hear what Derek said.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of receiving your call?" Ewan had met Derek Hale when he was just a child. He had worked with Talia to bring down rogue betas from his pack that were attacking people in Beacon Hills. The Scottish alpha was saddened to hear of the Hale Pack's demise.

"Ewan, I know you have Theo Raeken and I know the reason you took him." Derek figured it would be best if he didn't beat around the bush. Ewan wasn't known for playing games. "And why does this concern you? The abomination wronged my pack and he will pay for it." Ewan voice rose with anger. "He didn't do it, but I know who did and I have proof." This got the alpha's attention.

"Speak fast boy!" Derek did his best to explain what he had found out. Before he had called Ewan to set up a meeting he met with Argent and Parrish. They looked over the files of Saorise. They tried to work out the timeline of her death to Theo's arrival in Beacon Hills. He knew he would need to give the alpha reasonable doubt in order to get a meeting.

From what the three men worked out, at the Saorise's death, Theo would have been in Beacon Hills for at least a day. He couldn't have been there to kill her then back in time for school. No matter what the chimera was capable of, teleportation wasn't a skill he had.

"You have proof to back this up?" Ewan has always been a fair man. He would never kill if there was a chance the person was innocent. If Derek could provide the proof to back up his claim, Ewan would let the boy go. "I have proof, and a lead on the real killer." Ewan consider it for a moment. Derek was very much like his mother, he wouldn't protect a killer.

"Meet me at the preserve meeting ground, bring that girl." Ewan pulled the phone away, ready to hand up when he thought of something else. "And Derek, only you, your alpha, and the boy's mate may be present at this meeting. My brothers and I will be the only ones from the Rose pack." Derek agreed and hung up.

Ewan walked back into the room Theo was tied up in. "Move the boy to the car. Derek Hale may have just proved his innocence." Murphy looked ready to explode. "Are you sure Ewan?" The redhead asked. "Yes Finn, now do as I said. We have a meeting to attend." Ewan grabbed the black box and left the room. Murphy and Finn untied Theo and pulled him from the room.