0.5 Wishful Thinking

Theo let Scott drive his truck again, this time sitting in the passenger seat. His mind was somewhere else, somewhere with a confused beta. He didn't like the way they left things. He wanted to tell Liam why he kissed him but Liam cut him off. He could only guess that he didn't want to discuss it with the pack within ear shot.

Malia hated him and was just waiting for Scott to let her kill him. Scott didn't trust him, with good reason. Mason didn't like him for the things he's done, not only to his friends but to his boyfriend and Mason himself. Liam. He wasn't sure how Liam felt about him. Liam should hate him. He let the girl Liam loved die, he tricked him into almost killing Scott. Liam constantly told him he didn't care about Theo, but he seemed to stay by his side when things got tough.

Theo knew Liam didn't care for him the way Theo cared for Liam, but Liam cared enough to stay. He didn't leave Theo to save his own ass, hell, he didn't leave Theo when Theo offered. Liam had to feel some way for him. Theo could only hope it was the same way he felt.

"Sheriff Stilinski is trying to figure out just how many people Monroe has on her side. He has Parrish keeping an eye on everything at the station, my mom has been watching people in the hospital." Scott was telling him things he already overheard. 

"What exactly are we supposed to do?" Theo questioned. Scott never actually told him the plan. 

"We're gonna get an old friend who will help fight." Scott smiled at Theo and went quiet.

Scott drove them to a deserted back road. It looked like no one had been there in years. If Scott wanted his revenge, this would be the place to do it. They both got out of the truck, leaving the headlights on. 

"Who exactly are we here for?" Theo was half expecting Kira to pop out of the shadows and beat him for breaking her sword. 

"Him." Scott pointed at a tall figure that was walking towards them. It took a moment for Theo to get a clear look at him.

He was tall, with short, curly, dirty blonde hair. His blue eyes reflected the light from the truck. He smiled at Scott, when he was closer to them he dropped his bag next to him. 

"Scott." The stranger gave Scott a nod before the two embraced each other briefly. 

"Is this him?" The tall blonde, whose name Theo still did not know, gestured to Theo. 

"Yeah, this is Theo." Theo gave him a questioning look. 

"A bit unfair. You know who I am, but I don't know who you are." The tall blonde gave him a nod before hitting Theo square in the jaw. 

"I'm Isaac." Theo gripped his jaw, forcing himself not to get angry.

"What the hell was that for?" Theo was getting ready to punch him when Scott got between them. 

"Isaac!" Scott yelled and immediately Isaac stepped back. "We're off to a good start." Scott got back into the truck followed by Isaac, forcing Theo to sit in the back seat behind Scott. So far he didn't like this "old friend". 

"What threat are we facing this time?" Isaac looked back at Theo as though he was the threat they were facing.

"It's called an Anuk-ite. Some kind of creature with two faces. It feeds on the fear of others while also intensifying it. Because of it Gerard has been able to recruit most of the town, along with another hunter." Scott explained. 

Isaac spoke up, "Monroe? The one who killed the hell hound." Scott nodded, giving Isaac a quick, sideways, glance. 

"She's done more than kill a hellhound. You know Isaac, you didn't have to come." 

Isaac laughed. "I could have stayed in France and been hunted or I could come back and have a fighting chance. I prefer a fighting chance."

When they pulled into Scott's drive way they saw Mason's car parked on the street. Theo wasted no time in getting out of the truck and entering the house. He saw Liam sitting alone on the couch, he was gonna say something when Mason spoke up. 

"The library was cleared out, and the web didn't help much. I'm sorry Scott." Theo stepped off to the side and let Scott and Isaac talk to Mason and Corey. Liam got up and walked over to the table they were surrounding.

"Who's this?" Liam gestured to Isaac. 

"Careful Liam, he likes to punch people who ask that question." Liam didn't look at Theo, he didn't acknowledge Theo, or the fact that he spoke, in any way. 

"This is Isaac, he was Derek's first beta. He came to help us fight." Scott said and Isaac gave them all an annoying smile; a smile Theo wouldn't mind wiping off his face. 

"And you're the beta who can't control his anger." Isaac nodded to Liam, earning a growl. Theo placed his hand on Liam's shoulder, feeling him relax slightly. 

"He's not worth it Liam." Theo warned. Liam shrugged off his hand and walked away. 

"Really Isaac?" Scott sighed heavily. 

Theo followed Liam out to the front yard. He wasn't the best person to help Liam but for some reason he has a way with Liam. 

"You shouldn't listen to him. He's an..." Theo tried. 

Liam growled at him, "I don't care what he is. Just leave me alone!" Theo didn't want to push his luck. He walked back inside and sat on the couch. Two can play at this game.