Chapter Three

~~ Declan's POV~~

'Declan are you even listening to anything that anyone is saying?' My dad asked in our mind-link. I was hoping that he was only saying it to me, but I realized as everyone turned and looked at me that it was opened up to everyone.

"Yes sir, I am sorry, please continue." I said as I sat up straighter in my oversize chair. Dad gave me a death glare and went on with what they were all discussing.

Trying to stay as alert and awake as possible while the other members of the pack in the room were busy talking about everything from the weather to any new threats that may be coming up on the horizon, I was jolted by a knock on the door. "WHAT?!" my dad bellowed through the room.

"I am sorry for intruding Alpha, but there is someone here to see you. They are passing through and wanted to make sure you were alright with them being here." Jake said with a small smile on his face.

Dad looked more annoyed than he did having to wake me up, "Make it quick, we have a lot to talk about yet and time is wasting."

I turned back around to face my father and wait for this intrusion to be over. Before I knew what was happening, my head was snapping back to the delicious smell of green apple. When I saw her, my wolf felt like leaping out of his skin This cannot be happening, I do not want this. All I want to do is take over the Rivers Edge Pack that my dad has been Alpha of for almost 30 years. There was no going back now, this was meant to be and now my life had a new direction that it was going to take me.

"Excuse us for the interruption sir, my name is Harrison Chilton and this is my brother Clayton. We wanted to make sure that you knew that we were here, but as soon as we have something to eat and our vehicle is fixed, we will be on our way." She said in the most beautiful voice I had ever heard, all without taking her eyes off of me. I, myself, was not letting her out of my sight.

Without realizing it, I had gotten up out of my chair and started making my way through the room, only to be snapped out of my haze by a brute that could not be any older than 16. "Can I help you? And do you mind not staring at my sister like she is a T-bone steak?" He looked fit to be tied.

"CLAYTON ALLEN CHILTON!!!!" my head snapped back to her, amazed that something so powerful came out of someone so tiny. Her brother suddenly stepped to the side and I could once again take in the wonderment that is my mate. She was just simply stunning. Again my attention was taken away from her, this time by my father.

"Eh-hum" I heard coming from behind me and realized that my dad was smirking and placed his hand on my trembling shoulder. He looked away from me and gave his attention to the beauty before us. "Harrison Chilton, it is nice to make your acquaintance, and Clayton. What brings the pair of you to our humble neck of the woods?" I could tell just from looking at my father that he was not going to have a problem with the fact that they were here and he knew just from my reaction what she is.

"Well sir, first of all, please, call me Sonny, I sometimes tend to not answer to my given name. Secondly, we are part of a trek across the country with our pack, and our van broke down. We are just waiting for our father or another member of our pack to come and help us out. We don't mean to be a bother, just want to get something to eat and be back on the road, hopefully before the sun goes down." The sound of her voice had me in a trance; I could tell that I was once again staring at her beautiful crystal clear blue eyes that had me drowning in them and her lips that had just enough pout to them that made me just want to kiss her, but I had to hold back with all of my might and power.

My father gave me a little nudge when he realized that I was letting out a little growl, not a warning growl, but one of pain from not being able to possess what I now know is mine. "So, Sonny, you say that your last name is Chilton. You would not happen to be related to Trent Chilton, from the Crimson Falls Pack would you?" my father asked very matter-of-factly.