Chapter Four

~~Sonny's POV~~

"So our house is a few miles down the road, we should be there before you know it." Declan said. His voice was so intoxicating that I feel I could get drunk off of just that one short sentence. I was hoping that the ride would take longer to get to his house. just being this close to him, I could feel my wolf wanting to take him right here.

I never thought that I would ever find my mate, but here he is, the one, the only person I would ever want to spend every waking minute with for the rest of my life. I am glad that fate gave me someone that was extraordinarily handsome. He has to be about 6' 4" with the most amazing hazel eyes, and that jet black hair. His sleeveless shirt let me see the mass of muscles that take up his arms. If I didn't stop staring at him soon, he might think that I have lost my mind.

He must have noticed me staring at him because when I looked up to his eyes, they were looking right back at me. "Don't you think you should be watching the road?" I whispered to him.

"Well I would, if we were not parked in front of my house." I heard him snicker a little and felt my whole body go numb. If that was the last sound I ever heard, I would die an insanely happy woman. I looked out the driver side window to see that we sure enough were parked in front an enormous log house.

I had to reel my jaw up off the floor of the truck; I was so in shock at the beauty of his house. "This is the most amazing house I have ever seen; it's only you and your parents here?" I could not believe that only three people needed such a large home. Back home we have modest homes, just big enough for the family, and if more room is needed, an expansion is added. My father always taught us that it was pointless to have more than we needed. This of course was not in regards to everything, considering the giant shed that housed all the motorcycles and cars that our pack owned.

I finally broke away from looking at the house and looked back at Declan; he was looking into my eyes with so much love that I tuned out everything else around us, my brother included. That is until he swatted my arm and gained my attention back to him. "What the hell did you do that for?" I could not help but let out a growl, I looked back over at Declan, hoping that he was not too freaked out my little outburst. But, alas, he just laughed.

Clayton started opening up his door as Declan leaned over to me and whispered, "Aren't younger siblings just great?" I looked over at him with a puzzled look on my face, if his parents made something of such perfection, why would they want to have anymore? "Kane and Karly will be 16 in about a week. The twins bug the heck out of me, but hey, I love 'em." I could tell by seeing the glisten in his eyes, that he telling the truth. Just as he finished talking, someone came walking out of the front door of the house. I thought at first that it may have been his sister, until I heard him let out a low growl. "What is she doing here? Stay here while I go diffuse this time bomb." With that, he stepped out of the truck and walked up to the front porch, I could tell from his walk that he was not at all happy.

~~Declan's POV~~

Here it comes... I could tell that the questions are going to start flowing before I can even say anything. Sarah is my "girlfriend" well; she won't be once I tell her about finding my mate. I cannot really even call her my girlfriend, she only hangs around hoping that I will give in and be with her, she is not even my type. I know that she only wants to be with me to get to the power that I am going to be coming into.

"Hey baby! How did the pack meeting go? Who is that in the truck? Can we go for a drive? What are we doing tonight? Remember that you promised that we would go to a movie? How about we go back to my house and..."

I had to cut her off before my wolf took over. I use to tolerate all of Sarah's little quarks, now they are downright annoying, like nails on a chalkboard annoying. I tried to get the answers out as fast as possible, I didn't want to be away from Sonny any longer, "Stop calling me that, good, my mate and her brother, no, yes I remember but I am canceling, and on that last question, never going to happen ever again." I took a deep breath and waited for the outcome, 3, 2, 1...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MATE?" she yelled in her shrilling high pitched voice. I had to itch out my ears from the pain. "How could you do this Deccie, I am your girlfriend and we were meant to be together." I had my hands clenched so tight at my sides that I could feel my skin breaking.

I counted to ten and started back at her, "We were never meant to be together Sarah and you know it. you knew as well as I did that this day would come. it's been fun, but I need to ask you to leave now." I could see her eyes changing to black; she was pissed and was not going to just leave without a confrontation. The sound of someone walking up behind me caused me to spin around; I knew it was Sonny before I even turned. "Sonny, can you and Clayton please wait for me in the house? I should be in shortly." She just nodded her head and walked up the porch, I saw her hesitate once she got to the front door. "Just go on it, if my mom asks any questions; just tell her that I will be right in." With that she gave me a little wink and walked right in. I turned back toward Sarah, just as her hand met my face. A loud growl released from me and she stepped back, but I knew that she was not done yet. "Don't you EVER do that again! We are done, and maybe now you can spend your time looking for you mate, and if you think for even one second that Sonny is someone for you to make an enemy out of, then I will also be an enemy, and you have seen what I do to anyone that crosses me, Sarah. I swear on the moon that if anything happens to her, you will be the first wolf I come after. Do I make myself clear enough?"

She simply nodded and walked toward her car, I didn't even notice in the driveway until now. I knew that this was not over; Sarah has always been one to never just let something go. I waited until she was out on the road and finally let out a sigh of relief.