Chapter Six

We had decided to spend the night with the River's Edge Pack and this gave my father, Alpha Chilton, and Declan's father, Alpha Casey time to catch up on the good ol' days. This also gave Declan and I some time to ourselves. We sat on the couch talking all night. We covered all the bases: favorite foods, colors, movies, and all of our likes and dislikes. It was as if I could just sit there forever and talk to him. Eventually, exhaustion won out and we both passed out on the couch, Declan lying behind me with his arms wrapped around me.

In the morning, I was awoken to the light coming through the windows. I tried to get up and not wake Declan but that was not going to happen; his arms tightened around me and all of a sudden I was whipped around until I was lying under him and he had me pinned down.

"Well good morning beautiful, sleep well?" He was staring down at me and I knew that I must look-a-fright. While he was looking amazing, his hair messed up somehow made him look even more amazing. He had a small smirk on his lips and from the feel of it; we were not the only ones awake. He brought his face closer to mine and gave me a slow and lingering kiss. I was more than happy to allow his kiss to continue and our tongues met. The kiss started to heat up and we were letting out moans and our bodies were starting to move in unison.

"I need you Declan, please, but not here." I felt my body being picked up from the couch and he held me tight, never releasing my lips as he carried me up the stairs. My legs were wrapped around his waist and his hands were firmly planted on my hips. He opened the door to what I remember him telling me was his room. He closed the door with his foot and laid me down on the huge bed. He broke away from me only long enough to lock the door.

"Would not want anyone interrupting us, now would we?" He walked back over to me and I shook my head in response. He removed his shirt and I removed mine. I scooted farther onto the bed and he crawled over me. I had never done this before, but it just felt right. I was not nervous at all. We slowly removed each other's clothing until we were as naked as the day we were born. I sat there, taking in the amazing man in front of me. He was chiseled and tone and he was moving closer to me.

"I have never done this before, what if I'm no good?" I could not believe that I was now being shy.

He moved away and sat next to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. Would you rather that we wait?"

"No, no, no... I want you Declan, you have no idea how much I want you. I just thought that you should know that I am still a, well you know... a..."

"A virgin? Harrison, honey, that's fine. That makes me very happy, knowing that I'll be your first, your only. You are amazing, beautiful, strong and best of all, you are all mine." His eyes were positively sparkling as he was talking to me, and I knew that he was being honest. This was it, the beginning of forever.

I brought my lips right up to Declan's ear and whispered to him, "Make love to me Declan, make love to me and mark me. There is no reason to wait for forever to start."

"I promise to be gentle." This was all that he said.

Declan passionately kissed my lips and slowly laid me back on the bed. His lips and fingered trailed over my body as if trying to memorize it. We were both starting to breath heavily and knew that we could not wait any longer. Declan made his way over me and nudged my legs open with his. His lips found mine again for a long kiss and he broke away and we just stared into each other's eyes.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" He said with worry in his eyes.

With a tone of passion in my voice that I had never heard before, I replied, "I have waited for my entire life for you; please don't make me wait any longer."

With that, Declan slowly entered me. Soon, we were both rocking with the motions. Moans of excitement escaped us both as he sped up his thrusts. It didn't take me long before I could feel a fire building up in me and I knew that I was getting close to that moment of pure bliss; Declan on the other hand seemed like he was just getting started. I started feeling waves of pleasure, and Declan increased the speed of his thrusts. After a few more minutes of ravaging me in the most pleasant way, Declan seemed closer to ecstasy. As we both reached our peak, Declan found the nape of my neck and bit down hard. Without being able to control myself, I let out a very loud scream of passion. He slid to my side and both started laughing. I was pretty sure that I may have woken up every one in the house.

I wrapped my arm over his stomach and laid my head on his chest. I knew that if I could wake up every morning like this for the rest of my life, I was going to be a VERY happy woman. I heard Declan's breathing start to become very quiet and slowed; I looked up to his face and saw that he was asleep. It did not take me more than two minutes and I was also asleep with a huge smile on my face.

I woke up about an hour later; I rolled over to find Declan's side of the bed empty. I could hear the water running in the shower, so I walked into the bathroom without knocking and slid the shower curtain open and stepped in next to him. Declan looked at me with lust in his eyes and raised a hand gently to my face and traced his fingers down to the still tender mark on my shoulder. I could not help but shudder in ecstasy as he trailed kisses behind his fingertips. If I had thought that the love we made just hours before was amazing, I was mistaken. I could only hope that it would be like this forever. Once we were both cleansed of our repeated love making, we dressed and walked downstairs side by side.

We were met in the kitchen by stares from our families. My father was the first to speak. "So, I take it that you will not be going back home with us then?" I had not thought about it, was I going to be able to go back home knowing that Declan was here?

I looked up to Declan who was smiling and I knew at that instant that I would never be able to leave this heaven that I have found myself in. "No, I guess I will not be leaving here anytime soon. Please do not be upset, Dad."

"Upset? How could I be upset that my daughter, my first born, has found her life's mate? I am over the moon and I could not have asked for a better partner for you. Your mother would be overjoyed as well." When he said that last part, I could have sworn I heard a small sob that he had to stifle back. He missed her, and I now understand how much it must hurt to not be near her anymore.

I was getting teary eyed as I ran up to him and became wrapped in his strong loving arms. "Thank you Daddy, I could not be any happier than right now. Thank you for accepting this knowing that I cannot come home."

"Sonny, can I talk to you for a minute?" Declan asked quietly opening the door that led out to the back porch. I followed him outside and could not help but notice the very serious look on his face.

I was worried that he was going to tell me to leave; I don't think that I could live with not spending every waking minute with him. "What's the matter Declan? You are scaring me."

He just stood with his back to me, every second that he didn't say anything was like a million little daggers going into my heart. "I know that we have only known each other for about two days now, but I was thinking... Well... Like you had said, why wait for forever to start? Before your dad and your pack move on, why don't we... I mean..." Declan got very close to me and I could tell that he was very nervous about whatever he was trying to say to me.

"Declan, please just spit it out." I almost yelled at him.

He nodded and bit his bottom lip. "Well, the thing is, I already asked your dad and got his permission to..." I could not help but feel myself getting annoyed at this point.

"DECLAN!"

He smiled and dropped to one knee and pulled a small box out of his pocket. I could feel all the blood draining from my body. Was he really doing this? I looked up and saw both our families standing at the back door watching us. His mother grasping her hands up to the chest.

"Harrison Chilton, we are soulmates and I want to start forever as soon as possible, will you marry me?"