Chapter Eleven

September 17th

I walked into the same hall that Declan and I had our reception in. The memories of that day came flooding back and still the most prominent memory of here is our first dance. I can still recall the feel of him holding me as we swayed back and forth on the dance floor. Only today we are here for a totally different reason.

Today, Declan becomes Alpha of the River's Edge Pack.

The hall is still empty, but I can feel his presence coming up behind me. His hands reached around as he hugged me from behind. He placed a kiss onto my neck as his hands slowly rubbed on my slightly swollen stomach.

"How is my beautiful Sonny doing?" He said as he spun me around.

I snuggled into his neck as I responded. "I'm doing wonderful, just a little nervous about today is all."

He rested his head upon mine, "There is nothing to be nervous about, I have been taught by the best and our pack will continue to thrive. Not to mention that they are going to have the best Luna in the history of the pack."

I found myself letting out a little giggle. "What would your mother say if she heard you say that? I don't think she would be very happy." I looked behind him as his mother came up and smacked him in the back of the head.

"OW!" He screeched as he let me go. "Come on Mom, you know I was only kidding. I cannot choose who would be the better of the two Luna's; I am too afraid for my life."

"I will forgive you this time and I could not be happier to be relinquishing my role as Luna to such an amazing woman. This pack is going to be in great hands, Sonny." Jillian said as she placed a small kiss onto my cheek.

She continued walking through the hall to check on the chairs and arrangements to make sure that everything was just perfect. I pulled back into Declan's arms to resume cuddling up to him.

In the past month we have hardly seen each other and had to put off the honeymoon until he was sworn in as the new Alpha and I was cleared to travel on an airplane. He still will not tell me where we are going.

"Are you upset that we have to wait to go on our honeymoon? I know how much you are looking forward to it." He said in barely a whisper.

I once again pulled away from him and gave him a look of shock. "Honey, I have told you numerous times that I will wait until the end of the world for you and if we have to wait until you become Alpha to hop on a plane to some unknown destination, then I will wait forever." I went up on my tip-toes to place a small peck on his lips. He, however, had another idea. He wrapped his arms around me and started kissing me passionately. I tangled my fingers into his hair to bring him down to me.

"Come on guys, you really need to stay away from each other if all you're going to do it make out all the time." I heard Kane stating as he walked past us carrying more chairs in.

Declan growled at him, "Just wait until you find your mate little brother, then we will talk." Kane laughed and continued walking up to his mother to get orders on where the chairs should be placed.

**

"Tonight, we not only vow to place the trust and future of the River's Edge Pack into the hands of my son, the soon to be Alpha, but also into the hands of his wife, Harrison. She will be an amazing Luna and continue to teach the children and woman of the pack as she has already proved that she can." I could feel tears welling up as Sean continued his speech.

I looked out into the audience and smiled at my father who smiled back and gave me a wink. He surprised us just before the ceremony started, he had originally said that he was not going to be able to make it, but decided that he could not let is only daughter down by not coming tonight.