Chapter Eleven

ChristianxHannah

18 years ago ...

Hannah's POV

"Hannah wait!" My mom calls after me but I run out of the house and down the street. I'm sick and tired of doing something every day and not playing with friends!

Monday: piano lesson
Tuesday: tutor
Wednesday: swim lesson
Thursday: tutor
Friday: soccer practice
Saturday: games
Sunday: tutor

The only time I have to myself is when I sleep and I feel like I'm going to break at any moment. But I'll be in my fort soon at the park by my house and I'll be safe.

When I reach my fort, I see some boy laying down fast asleep! He's got some notebook in his hand and he's wearing really nice clothes.

"What the-"

I see his eyes flicker open and my face turns pink. He's kind of cute for a boy.

"Who are you?" He asks lazily and I scoff.

"Who am I? I'm the leader of this fort!" I fold my arms and watch him sit up with a gentle smile on his face.

"Who else is part of your fort?" He asks and I turn red. He knows from my not saying anything that I'm the only member so by default, I got a new one.

By Monday he became my classmate too! Most of the girls fell for him instantly except me. And all the boys hated his guts. But he always looks bored and doesn't care.

We hang out most days when I'm at my limit to doing school lessons. He writes while I read my action and love story books.

He's so weird. He writes and writes and writes and when I ask him about it he gets all defensive.

"But why can't I-"

"Sir Christian," someone calls out. Christian jumps on me and holds me down. This is so embarrassing!

"Get off me!" I struggle and he shushes me by covering my mouth.

"He'll hear us!" Christian hisses and we hear the man call for him again. Our fort is basically in the bushes and trees of the park that none of the kids have found since I've played in the park. I doubt an adult could find us here.

I just hope Christian can't hear my heart pounding.

When he leaves, Christian gets off of me and I'm relieved. What the hell was that?

Christian is normal and sits against the tree trunk with his notebook.

"I should be getting home or else my mom will get mad." I state and watch as he nods. "You're not going home?"

"I don't want to." He replies. He doesn't say anymore and I muster up some confidence.

"Wanna spend the night at my house?" I ask and my face is pink. I can see Christian's face is pink too when I ask but he just smiles and nods his head.

A boy and girl slumber party. Mom will probably have him stay in the guest room though. I can't believe I asked him too! I've never even asked a girl to a slumber party let alone a boy.

As the sunsets, it gets colder.

"Man I should have brought my coat," I say and feel a warm coat around me. I look over and Christian has taken his off.

"You'll catch a cold! Put it back on!" I scold but he just smiles and even though my arms aren't in the sleeves, he buttons it up to the neck and I'm frozen when his gloves skim my neck.