Chapter Fifteen

ChristianxSophie

Really quickly. I have a question for myself.

Why in earth am I lying on the ground?

My first thought is because of that stupid Christian. Which I'm correct.

The second thought is because of that moronic and sadistic Christian. I am correct again.

My third thought is because of that exclusively perverted, crazy Christian. I am completely and utterly correct on all accounts!

"Christian, I'm going to kill you!"

My face turns red when I sit up and think about how it all happened. Thirty minutes ago when sis was at the apartment. Since Christian sort of swept me off my feet when I was in LA for the weekend and it had slipped out of my mouth that I missed him and he kissed me in front of her house.

Christian was so embarrassing. Telling Jodie that I "clung to him, screaming and refused to let go". I roll my eyes and shake my head remembering the conversation.

I think my heart just exploded in anger when he had said that and I dropped the pots and spoons I was going to use to cook dinner and landed on the floor. He made some excuse that he was taking care of a dog for the neighbor when there aren't dogs allowed in the apartment.

Something isn't right here. I don't even know why Jodie is here in her business suit no less.

"You see, Sophie feels like she's burdened you all her life. That she took away your youth; being able to enjoy it and all because your parents passing." He explains and I pop my head up over the kitchen counter.

"She was bawling because she felt terrible for feeling like she would just be in the way of you and Tony."

I wasn't bawling!

"But that's what family does for each other! I'm her sister, it's my duty to protect and care for her," Jodie gets defensive and I feel my heart clench.

"But you see, Sophie is a very quiet and to herself kind of girl. She puts up a front. That's just her personality." He explains and I sit back down, mulling over his words.

"But in her heart, deep down, she just wants you to find happiness." He further explains and my eyebrows furrow. What the hell is he talking about? It's like he's mediating a break up.

"She just didn't have the heart to explain it to you, so she asked me to break that to you." He finally says and I'm clawing the floor with my nails. He's trying to make himself look good! The bastard!

"Saying she's quickly become an adult who could stand on her own two feet, she came pleasing to me." I peek over again and he's leaning on his knees with his elbows, fingers laced, chin resting in his hands. Like he's some profound thinker or something ridiculous! I never even came to him pleading for anything!

"But she said she doesn't have the means to do that just yet, so she's begged and pleaded for her to stay with me." Christian stares off into some distant void as he tries to charm my sister with his handsome sparkle and deep, husk voice. I look at Jodie who's smitten and nodding her head.

"She cried when she asked. Broke down even." He muttered like some dramatic tv show.

Quit making stuff up!

I'm mortified that he's telling my sister a story that didn't happen! I didn't cry or beg or plead. In fact, he did. I just asked him to take me home. Ugh, the nerve!

I want to say something but when I look back at my sister, she's head over heels with his performance!

"Oh my poor sister! I'm so moved right now!" She has doe eyes and a big smile on her face. "I had no idea that Sophie was so concerned about me and my well being just as much as I was for her."