To Hold

"We are not children Remington, you do not need to structure us."

"Well you definitely fight like children, I don't know how Roe's handle their battles but James don't fight with fists or insults, we are particularly fond of threats, we find it's more effective and dare I say classy."

Sophia clinched her jaw and planted her hand on her hips, she refused to bow to this...this...girl and her moron husband, nobody will ever make her feel less than she was, ever again, she has worked too hard to get where she is in life to let a silver spooned heiress like Remington James belittle her, no matter what, hell or brimstone, that banner is not coming down.

"Roe tech and J.F.O are the charity's biggest contributors, you know this, if we walk, you will crash, don't risk it, just take the banner down."

"You are very right Mrs. James but you're also very wrong if you and Adonis walk we will have to down-size exponentially yes, but we will not crash, I mean I don't know how else to say this, YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, THE BANNER STAYS."

The smirk that graced Sophia's face only served to piss Remi off, she hasn't pulled out her inner bitch for anyone but Adonis in a while but, that, one thousand percent did not mean she was rusty, she looked away from Sophia and flicked at her nails, nothing irritates Sophia more the not being looked at while being addressed, it makes her feel small, which is exactly what Remi was going for.

"Please Sophia, there isn't a place on this planet where I don't have power."

To puncture her statement, Remi pulled out her trusty checkbook and wrote, right after she pulled the paper out and handed it to Adonis, the moment his fingers touched the little slip of paper it pulled a wide heart-stopping smile to froze everybody for a minute, his beauty was beauty that couldn't be described by any person in the world, all Adonis could think about was that when Remi wasn't against him her devious mind was an incredibly sexy thing, of course not everybody can easily read them like they read each other so Adonis had to explain what was happening to the uninformed masses.

Adonis cleared his throat as he lied off the top of his head

"Remi will be starting her own charity, the "Abigail Roe foundation", just saving the world with love, she just gave me 200 hundred million dollars to help her start it."

Sophia's heart jumped at the claim Adonis had made, she ran this charity on Abigail Roes name and reputation, the last thing she needs is Abigail's wildly known and famous son, starting a Charity based on his mother's Reputation, without the name Roe backing her the rich people who donated would start to see her for what she used to be, a waitress who helped destroy a family and then rode their ashes to the top.

"You wouldn't do that Adonis, this is your mother's legacy, are you willing to abandon it."

"What you refuse to get through your thick head Sophia, is that this is a part of my mother's memory, yes, but I am her legacy, now you have a choice to make, I rip up this check and you take down the banner or I cash it in, burn down this charity and return you to obscurity, think carefully Sophia, waitresses don't wear diamonds."

Sophia looked around the room, nobody looked her in the eyes because of how embarrassed they were on her behalf, she felt her cheeks heat up as her face goes red and her heart started beating faster, in her head she sew this as everyone looking down at her like she wasn't there equal, her sharp eye's turned back to Remi and Adonis who stood there looking Smug, for a second she was transported back to when she was a waitress and the kids who went to the private school down the street would come in and especially ask for her to serve their table, they would then throw the food they ordered at her and laughed at her, while she held back tears, children where treating her a grown ass women like a trash can.