Pronounce you

Adonis ran his hands through his hair, it was growing long and needed to be cut but the problems in his life have stopped him. He can't possibly live like this, he knows he could have it worst, but things couldn't just keep jumping at him with no warning. His life has for sure never been easy, but he also sculpted it in a way that he could easily maneuver and manipulate it but not when it's all coming at him at once or involving a person he cares about. God, he swears if it was anybody else he would have kicked them out of his fucking house. The more he thought about it the angrier he got, and that anger was being begged to be released in the most violent and savage way possible.

Remi instantly noticed Adonis's clinching fist and darkened eyes that were trained on his step-sister, she instantly made her way toward him and gripped his waist with one hand and moved towards his ear.

"You're scaring her, breath, let's work through this"

Adonis gripped the hand Remi had around his waist

"Don't act like you're not pissed"

--"Oh, I am, more than livid but you are about to send that little girl running when it probably took her three hours sitting in her car just to come up here, there's also the fact that your ex is standing in your living room, handle her and then we can deal with it next."

"Ok"

Remi turned to the uninvited guests currently habiting the room

"Raquel..."

"Rocky...I go by Rocky."

"Ok Rocky, would you like to come to the kitchen with me, I make a mean cappuccino."

Rocky nodded as she understood that this was just a ploy to give Adonis and Iso a chance to talk so she followed Remi into the kitchen slightly happy to get away from Adonis's heated glare, she had spent a couple hours talking herself up in the car then in the garage, but nothing prepared her for the anger that darkened Adonis's eyes.

"Why are you smiling" the question was directed to Adonis by Iso

"Remi's never made tea, much less coffee, much less a cappuccino, she might accidentally kill the poor girl."

"Wow, you really love her, don't you... only a person in love can find someone's flaw endearing"

"I got tired of denying it, listen about..."

"No, I need to talk, and you need to listen, Veronica Price, my boss is expanding her charitable hand to a couple chain islands in Greece and she needs an on-site manager, when she first started planning she had offered the position to me and I...I rejected her, I didn't know why but something was grounding me here."

"That something was me."

"No, that something was the idea of you, I don't think I ever let it go, I never thought that just as I've grown up so have you and that your  ideals, want's and wishes may have changed...I never considered that you could have changed."

"Iso, I am so..."

"Let me finish...After our conversation at the hospital, I called and asked if the position was still open and it was, so I accepted, I leave in a week but when I was packing I realized something, this is the second time I am leaving the country, and this is the second time that you're the reason. I need to fully accept that you aren't mine and that I can't keep planning my life around the chance that you come back."

"I am so sorry"

"It's ok you have nothing to..."

"Stop, now you listen, I am so sorry I never considered you and your feelings, I used you as a weapon in my war with Remi and I never once thought about how you would feel and I am sorry. How could you let me go when I constantly pulled you back into my drama and stupidity"