For Better

Warning: this is a packed day for the Roes and friends so there will be a LOT of jump cuts

" No nuts in the fucken brownies, I don't know how to better explain that, you bring me any brownies with nuts and I will send them back with your delivery boys balls on them,......no wear the yellow top."

Remi blocked her ears and began trying to remove her top, there was only so much a person could do to avoid an angry Dora, you could only pity whatever intern was on the other side of the phone. Why all the screaming, well it was Minnie and Dora's birthday, that's right the two most picky and opinionated people on this planet share a birthday. Even though Dora gave birth to Minnie they are very different so when it comes to throwing a birthday party they separated as always but surprisingly this year they came together and agreed, a holiday theme, it was too good to be true because they couldn't agree on a holiday, halloween vs. fourth of july, after a lot of argument, they compromised on splitting the day, early afternoon to early noon would be Minnie's kid friendly fourth of july birthday, then the kids and their nannies go to Remi's penthouse for a suger rush sleepover, that leaves noon to midnight and beyond for Doras over 21 birthday costume party, she even went as far as sending 'scratch and find invites', you have to scratch to find out what you have to come dressed as.

Standing in her walk in and staring at herself in the mirror, Remi felt herself twitch, she wasn't used to wearing "laid back" clothing, matter fact she only wore it when was going to any Minnie related event, she felt far too awkward, but can you really blame her, she was walking in dresses and heels before she was eating solid food. It wasn't like the backless yellow floral top, shorts and gladiator sandals looked bad on her, she just didn't feel as confident in it like she would in a tight short bodycon dress and if there was a time she needs her confidence it would be today.

Remi sighed as she unintentionally picked up her phone and looked through it searching for a missed call or text from Adonis, his never not interrupted her day with a call or a text, even when his angriest at her he called; his silence could only mean one thing, Iso was telling the truth about them, he went back to her, Remington shook her head this was not the time or place to be feeling bad for herself, today was not hers, so she smiled and turned to Dora.

" We better get going, I know you need a solid thirty minutes to scream at the decorators and the caterers"

-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-..-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-..--..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--..-.--..-

"What about this?"

"I like it"

"You said that about the last one"

"They're all really good"

Iso sighed as she picked up a pillow and threw it at Adonis, who easily ducked it and kept laughing

"This is serious, stop laughing"

"I can't, you're acting like you've never been to a party furthermore this is Remi's party, I doubt she's going to have a strict dress code, if anything she would want everyone to look like trash so she stands out more but then again as your friend she would tell you the truth, so maybe you should be worried."

A small scuff escaped Iso's lips, she had a lot of adjectives for Remington James, honest and friendly aren't any of them, unfortunately, Adonis picked up on her dismissal of Remi, this isn't the first time she's been like that, why did she dislike the one person who wanted to be around them with no ulterior motives, so he stood up and confronted his girlfriend.

"Ok, what was that?"

"What was what?"

" that face you just made, when I called Remi your friend"