In sickness

Ten-year-old Adonis Roes walked through the "in our souls " royal cemetery, with a picnic basket containing delicious chocolate covered strawberries and really expensive pink lemonade in a champagne bottle, he had charmed his nanny into bringing him here, he had to work hard to get her to even help him because she had strict orders from his father to not allow him to go to the cemetery which wasn't very shocking since he hadn't been allowed to come to the funeral. Graham thought to keep the young boy from reminders that his mother was dead would make Adonis hate him less, he was very wrong.

When he finally reached the large grave with his mother's name on it, he knelt down on the ground and crossed his legs under his body, he pulled the strawberries and lemonade out, he placed the foods down on the grave and felt himself pulling a tight breath and his eyes had started watering , he wanted to seem calm and secure when he was anything but.

"Hey, Mama, umm how are you,...wait that was stupid...., umm dad got me a nanny, her name is Gracey, she brought me here and helped me buy your favorite stuff, she was telling me that you didn't want to leave but you had to."

His throat started to close as his repressed emotions overwhelmed him, he couldn't help but chastise himself for being so selfish, he saw firsthand the pain his mother went through because of his father, yet here he was asking her to come back, his very thoughts shattered him and he broke down, and cried and screamed at the top of his lungs.

"I'm so sorry mommy, Please come back, I'll be better and we don't have to speak to dad anymore, please just come back to me."

The silence that came only made Adonis cry harder, what did a ten-year-old really know about death, he just didn't get how she could be with him one moment and then gone the next, his mom was Superman, and Superman doesn't die, the hero was never supposed to lose, Adonis touched the gravestone and hugged it as hard as he could, maybe if he could push his love far enough his mom would feel it and come back to him.

"Tell me what to do mommy, give me a sign...PLEASE...."

Silence

"Mommy"

Silence

" Please I love you"

Silence

"Why did you have to go?"

Silence

"Mommy please, am all alone"

Footsteps, Adonis's head jacked up as he turned to see who was there, for a split second he thought maybe his mom had fought her way back to him, of course, what Adonis had hoped was his mother was really a little girl with the darkest hair he ever saw, her skin was pale enough that she could have been mistaken as a ghost, while her light blue eyes did nothing to help with her ghostly appearance.

She moved closer to Adonis and he was hit with a scent of fresh jasmine, while she assessed the scene in front of her, she felt a need to comfort the little rich boy who was salting the earth with his tears but she also didn't want to bother him, she fingered her faded purple T-shirt with three letters on it, J.f. and one more letter that had completely faded, the only thing she Remembers about how she got it was the free summer camp some rich people held every year for kids in her neighborhood.

"Are you ok?"

-------------____________-----------------___________----------------_____________--------------------

"Mr.Roe, I emailed Ms.Berkly and she replied saying she doesn't have time to read through a guest list for a name so she sent me the full list of those who RSVP'ED for the charity, I went ahead and took the liberty of reading through the List."