One

"No, no, no, no!" Baram screamed for the millionth time.

I tried to do the impossible task the old man set me. But it was useless.

"You stupid girl!" my boss roared, waving his hands at the camera man to stop taking pictures.

Oh shit, I thought. I'm done for now.

He came over to where I was standing, his plump figure hurrying to me. "How many times do I have to tell you to smile when you near the walkway?!" he exclaimed. "Most of the time you're wincing!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but these heels are killing me," I whined, rubbing at my feet.

Baram glared at me. "I am sick of your attitude, Sora." He rubbed at his forehead, looking over to the runner boy. "Go get number two!" he called to him.

Baram looked to me. "Leave, girl."

"Sir, it hasn't even been three hours-"

"I said LEAVE THIS PLACE!"

"Alright, alright," I sighed, picking up my bag from a nearby chair. "Calm your man-tits-"

"SECURITY-"

"I'M LEAVING," I shouted, clicking my tongue as I started to leave the room. Before though, I took off the red stilettos and threw them towards my boss's direction.

Unfortunately it didn't whack him off this earth, but they did rip through the wallpaper for the photoshoot. I wasn't too disappointed, as it portrayed a fishing lake.

I know. Despicable.

I put on my sneakers by the door and left the room, and soon the shit hole I was working in for the past three months.

Relief rushed within me, feeling a sense of freedom. I hated that third class agency and it's lack of worker's rights. Treated us models like absolute shit.

But that's what modelling is all about. Working to the bone, flashing in front of the cameras and then having your face photoshopped afterwards to hit the shops.

I let out a deep sigh as I proceeded through the streets of Seoul. The city was extremely lively at this time of the day, with huge crowds of people going on with their routines, lines of cars spread far from my line of sight, the sound of horns beeping and people screeching.

I took out my phone, and called my sister, pressing the phone to my ear. She instantly picked up.

"Sora?" her voice, soft and sweet, sounded in my ears. "What's up?"

"Guess what, Somi?" I asked her, a strange giddiness in my voice.

"Oh, I sense that tone, sister," she said, already preparing herself to give me a lecture. "Baram gave you the sack?"

"Well, not yet, but soon enough."

"You shouldn't be so happy about that," Somi scolded me. "You only have enough won to feed yourself, how are you going to pay this month's rent?"

"I'll figure something out," I assured her. "Anyway, what time will you be free?

"I'm waiting for the kids to come in the car," Somi answered. "It's nearly end of school. Why?"

"Oh never mind then, I was hoping we'd grab a coffee."

"I can come in twenty minutes-"

"No seriously, don't rush yourself," I said. "And before you say anything, I do have money to buy myself some casual beverage."