Thirty Five

Blinding light. Vanilla and musk. Ash grey curls. A ghost of a smile lingering on exquisite lips.

That's what I woke up to the next morning.

Maybe it was the sunlight streaming through the little windows. Maybe it was the creak of the mattress with every subtle shift. Or maybe it was the light breathing caressing my mouth that winked me into the living.

My eyes settled upon the closed mouth, tugged upward ever so slightly as the man who graced them lay deep in slumber.

I couldn't help but grin at the sight.

A sudden urge in my fingers had me reaching up to his lips, feeling the soft skin of his mouth beneath my fingertips with each feather-like touch.

These lips...they were on mine.

The very thought astonished me.

They were on other places as well, weren't they-

I hitched in a sharp breathe, inching my finger away from those god-gifted lips.

They were graced with a crooked smile as soon as my touch was uplifted.

And then came Taehyung's sleepy drawl, so annoyingly mellifluous despite his sudden awakening.

"Someone recalling last night's events?"

I didn't say anything, my cheeks responding instead with blooming pink.

Not hearing a witty response from me, Taehyung fluttered his eyes opened, the little action so breathtaking I wondered if him existing would be a blessing enough.

He took one look at my face, and instantly grinned. "There's no need to be so flustered," he purred, snaking a toned arm over me, "I should be the one marveling over last night."

I quirked a brow. "And why is that?" I got out, letting the man pull me in ever so closer to him.

"Because, Sora darling," he whispered, his usual husk lowering to a satisfied growl, "The woman you were last night was a sight I had never seen in anyone."

Fuck. Already my body sang to tangle into him again, so much so to tear the bed-

"Careful," he mused, his fingers caressing the small of my back, "That look may scream predatory, but we both know who's going to beg the whole way through."

My limbs were still working. My heart was still beating. Then why did I feel like jelly as he held me, as my legs felt like liquid under the sheets?

His lustful gaze held a challenge, a dare I was so willing to take on, right then, right now.

I was about to as well, my eyes reflected his ecstatic wildfire, as I was ready to clash my mouth against his.

Unfortunately, my phone shrieked out its call tune at the exact same time.

"Shit," I breathed out, the exhale caressing Taehyung's lips.

Turning around, I made to grab my phone, which lay dangerously on the floor beside the bed.

Seeing it was Somi, I swiped right, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Sora!" my sister exclaimed. Then she shouted something else off the phone. "Oh my God, you're okay!"

"Uh, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, sitting up straighter, wedging up the sheets to my chest.

"Because you've been gone almost 24 damn hours," Somi said dryly. "Where the hell are you?"