Twenty Eight

Taehyung was still asleep on my lap when I woke up, my head cringing slightly.

I looked down at the man's face, his curls cascading over his closed eyes, his nose breathing in and out steadily in a soft rhythm.

A smile caught on my face. He looked so adorable that I didn't have it in me to wake him up.

Grabbing my phone from the arms of the couch, I looked to see any new messages.

2 missed calls from Seoul Central Hospital.

Eyebrows raised, I called them, pressing my phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Miss Sora Yoon, Mrs Somi Han's sister, she's a patient in the recovery unit?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

Lightly playing with Taehyung's hair, I said, "I've got two missed calls from you, and I was just wondering what that's all about."

There was a pause on the opposite line when the girl replied, "Oh yes, Dr. Kim wanted to inform you that Somi wanted to give you a parcel."

A parcel? "Right," I started, "I'll come pick that up from you soon, if that's okay?"

"That's completely fine, Miss Yoon," the receptionist said. "I'll see you then."

"Bye." Ending the call, I looked to Taehyung, still lost in the deep world of bliss.

"Taehyung," I whispered, curling a lock of his ash grey hair around my finger.

He stirred, eyebrows furrowing as he slowly turned.

I made him lay straight. "Taehyung," I repeated, louder this time. "Wake up."

The man made a little noise. Then his eyes fluttered open, as if a butterfly might come alive from his very eyelashes.

Those eyes looked up to me, blinking heavily. "Ss...Sora?" he got out, barely a whisper of a word.

The very sound of it had goosebumps prickling all over my skin. "G-get up, Taehyung," I stammered, trying to get his head off my lap.

The half-awake man groaned as he tried to pry my hands away. "Noooo, Sora..." he murmured. "Sstayyy."

"Taehyung," I insisted. "I need to go to the hospital."

"Ughh."

After a bit more persisting, he finally heaved himself up, ruffling those curls I'd play with all night. I got up from the couch as well, brushing at my own hair.

"Though I hate you for waking me up, it was good you did." Taehyung put his phone in his pocket. "I have to meet some clients at the V boutique."

I nodded. "I'll take my leave then," I said, grabbing my coat as I walked over to the entrance, slipping into my boots.

"Meet me at the shop, then," Taehyung said.

"Okay," I replied, turning the door knob.

"Or call me, if you can't."

"Alright."

"Or just text me, if calling is an inconvenience-"

I looked over my shoulder, giving the man a look. "Don't worry, Taehyung, I'll meet you there."

He smiled, eyes lighting up as he breathed out heavily through his nose. "Good."

Returning his smile, I left, closing the door behind me.