Ten

Kim Taehyung flashed me a smirk. Wearing a slick black silk top and black pants, his hair a mess of blonde curls, he looked positively glorious.

"Good afternoon, Miss Yoon," he greeted. He then looked at my tangled locks, and clicked his tongue. "Based on your bed hair, it looks like you've had a nice sleep."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you here?" I asked.

I then stopped. What the hell, Sora, you can't just say that!

My eyes caught sight of Taehyung's slight surprise. Oh shit, I sounded rude.

"I'm sorry, I'm just-"

"It's... alright," he said, cocking his head.

My brows raised further. "Afternoon?"

Taehyung glanced at his watch. "2:25 to be exact. Miss Song tried to call you but it seemed you were too busy having your... beauty sleep."

I checked my call log. There were two missed calls on the top. "Oh."

"Indeed." Taehyung gestured towards the door, a shopping bag hanging on his arm. "May I?"

"Oh, of course," I said, stepping to the side so he could enter.

He walked past me, and I smelt it again. That cologne.

Musk and spices, I figured out as I swooned inside.

Sora, stop being a creep. Close the door.

I obeyed the little voice in my head, heading over to where Taehyung now stood in the middle of my living room.

He eyed the trash on my table, and more leading to the kitchen. "I don't see how you haven't died of the filth in here, Miss Yoon."

A twinge of anger snapped out of me. "If I can live fine with my 'trash', Mr Kim, then I don't see why you need to be worried."

Again, the slight raise of his eyebrow, but he didn't say anything else.

I sighed. "I'm sure you're not here for my room inspection, so do tell me why you've come here."

Taehyung's eyes darted to each and every detail of my living room. "I've come to inform you of a party we'll be attending."

A party? "What kind of party?"

"An engagement party. The owner of Jeon has invited me to announce his son's engagement with another top model from France. The party's today at six."

I blurted out, "What does this have to do with me?"

"Well, they did request for me to bring you along, since you debuted on their magazine." His eyes settled on me. "I told them I'd take you with me."

"I see..."

I locked my hands behind my back.

My first proper party. I've never been invited to one, yet here I am.

"You better get dressed, Miss Yoon," Taehyung said. "The journey to Busan is a long one."

"Uh..." I got out.

What am I gonna wear? Taehyung's already insulted my taste in fashion. What would the others say?

Taehyung raised his shopping bag. It was black, with a golden V printed in the middle.

"I've already got some clothes for you. I don't want Mr. Jeon badmouthing you on your first encounter."

"Gee, thanks," I said, grabbing the shopping bag.