Thirty

In another few days, Somi was ready to leave the hospital.

Dr. Kim, or Namjoon as I now call him, was impressed of her remarkable improvement in her strength and her injuries, and so gave the thumbs up.

Chanja and Chanmi were over the moon. Finally their mother was coming back home to them, that she did not have to be enclosed, enslaved in a hospital bed for weeks.

Hell, they didn't even let go when Namjoon tried to bid her a personal goodbye.

"Momma, let's goooo-"

"Momma, come on-"

"Girls," I scolded, taking their hands and practically dragging them to the entrance.

I looked back at the both, awkwardly standing next to the reception.

Namjoon said something, but unfortunately I was out of earshot.

Despite that, I wasn't blind.

I clearly saw the doctor, taking Somi's hand and planting a gentle kiss on the front.

Chanja gasped. Chanmi and I screamed.

"AY, YOU GO GIRL-"

"MAMA'S GONNA DO THE KISSY KISSY-"

The couple jumped from the girl's exclamation, Somi inching back.

Namjoon smiled sheepishly, quickly letting go of the woman's hand and locking his own behind his back.

Somi, giving the doctor one last smile, turned to leave, heading towards our direction.

A malicious smile played on my lips as I saw my now red-cheeked sister coming over.

We had teased her the whole ride home, back to my own apartment.

Of course, I wasn't letting her or the kids near their own home. I knew, that if they dared step foot in that shit hole, Chanyeok would do something I don't want to think about.

Even though it was cramped, we didn't mind at all, I sleeping on the couch and giving my queensize to Somi and her children.

I would say it brought all of us even closer if we weren't already, as now I saw my family every day rather than every week.

The timing couldn't have been better, as Christmas came round.

Presents were bought and wrapped, A tree was put up and decorated, and the smell of cinnamon hung in the air, engulfing my nose every time I entered the flat.

It wasn't too much of a special occasion. Somi prepared the roast dinner, whipping up some Christmas pudding while I went out to work. Then the rest of the night was spent watching cheesy Christmas movies, and Frozen at the end after an hour's worth of Chanmi's whining.

I didn't see Taehyung that day, as he went down to Busan to celebrate it with Jimin and Jungkook.

Although I was relieved that the two friends seemed to reconcile, a little part of me was upset of his leave.

The cheque he gave me as a Christmas present, however, made me feel far from sadness. 

How would it, though? It made me a millionaire overnight.

The gift was something I definitely didn't deserve. But Taehyung's persisting gave me no choice but to keep it.

Of course, I had to give something back.

And my mind, for once, helped, as an idea sprung into my head.

Although I couldn't execute the idea until five days later, a smile spread quickly on my face.